I'm wanting to move oveseas for a yr or 2 and im thinking Maldives

Hi,

I'm thinking about moving overseas for a while, and I'm considering the Maldives...

What will I need to do to make the move?..eg visa? and how hard is it to find work? and a place to live?

It's not possible to move to Maldives without a job.  Jobs are not hard to find in resorts.  There are also a lot of jobs in diving and water sports, but you will need to have a job to move here.  I think you can only get a 3 month tourist visa.  Once you are hired, all room and board are covered and there's not much to spend money on...  do you know someone living in Maldives??

If you into water sports or diving it will be easy to find a job there, most of the hotels hire "guest relation officers" if u have language skills such as german ,italin,japanies . at the same time try this website job-maldives.com and try ehotelier.com Good luck!

limarose wrote:

Hi,

I'm thinking about moving overseas for a while, and I'm considering the Maldives...

What will I need to do to make the move?..eg visa? and how hard is it to find work? and a place to live?

Depends on the area of expertise you have. its not that hard to find a job in Maldives. You'll get 30 days tourist visa on arrival. About a place to live living expenses are very high in Maldives. unless you find a partner to share a room with your self or an apartment its very costly.

I think you need to have a job before you come here.  What do you do?  What type of job are you looking for.  Anyone can get a visitors visa for 3 months.  Your employer  has to file for a workers visa for you to stay longer.  Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.