Planning a new life in New Zealand

Hi guys:)
My name is Maria, I'm portuguese (born, raised and living in Lisbon), and I have made a decision to start a new life in New Zealand :) At least I'm starting to plan it...

Don't get me wrong, I love my country but it's time to expand my horizons...

Well, but I think I need some help! What should I do first?

I've been looking for jobs through the internet, I've started my search by looking for jobs for native portuguese speakers, but with no luck so far... So I've started looking for general jobs. My professional and academic experience is based on marketing and communication (although I wouldn't mind trying a different area). Can you tell me if there's a need for these kind of professionals in NZ?

Thank you!

Maria.

hi maria,

I hope this website can help u alot for searching jobs in NZ

seek.co.nz

Further you can register with any recruitment agency they can help you finding a job

pinnaclerecruit.co.nz

best of luck :top:

Parus

Thanks Parus!

I'll visit the websites you recommended :)

Fingers crossed!

best of luck Maria, i'm alos plannig to move to Aukland. My Consultant has advised me to visit seek.govt.nz to find  siuitable jobs, send applications and look for the response. pls try this.

best of luck.

regards,
shafqat

Hi all

Looking to make my way down there in March/April.
But need some advice on the following.

Entry clearance: Can I line up a couple of interviews from SA, secure a job and work comfortably whilst waiting on my permit application ?

2: Cost of living. Can anyone indicate to me what type of expenditure i'll be looking at per week ? Accommodation (Eg 1 or 2 bed flat)and groceries for 2 ?

From a jobhunting point of view. As a Sales executive in the property or recruitment market (any BDM type) and my wife in retail, any recomendations on cities we should sturt looking in.

a big thanks to anyone who read this, your reply would be massively appreciated.

Keep well and hope to see you soon.