Where to Live in Paris

I have a very detailed question to all those out there living in Paris already, I am an American, Although I am Argentinian in Origin, Living in France. At the moment I am Living in St malo, But I will be moving to Paris soon enough. My question is, Where should I live? Now before you answear please consider this... I moved here with my husband who is 35, I my self are 29 so we are still young at heart. We have 3 Children (I have one 11 year old from my first marriage that lives in the states with his father and comes to France on School Vacations) So in essence we have 4 Children:rolleyes:

My Children are 11, Twins who are 2 and starting Maternel in September, and a 1 year old.

So we would need a 2 bed apt min, but a 3 bedroom would be ideal! Being that we have so many kids it would be awesome if we could live in a place where there are other children, and maybe a park, This also means that I would need a relatively new building with an elavator or ground floor. Can you imagine walking up 3 flights of stairs with 3 kids!!!

Ideally I would like a balcony or a small outside since I have the bad habbit of smoking. Now here is the kicker, we moved here to be closer to my husbands family who lives on the 19th, But he would have to be close to some kind of easy transportation to get to and from work.

He would be away alot due to work, so the area would have to be close to schools and shopping for me, since I would be alone with three kids.

Culturally, I would want to be in an artist area, or a place where I can find like minds and be able to read books, and have coofee with good people.
I am a vegetarian, Is there a place that is ecologically friendlier...ok, ok Im pushing it, But in a way Im telling you what I really need. After all now that I have moved here I have left back my friends and my family in the hopes of making new ones, and with so many kids and my husband working is not like I can travel all over the place to meet people, so if I can find an area where I can find friendly people that would be so cool!!!!

Now the thing is, we would be just starring out, so I doubt we can pay a lot for this dream palace of mine, Im talking about €1500, to €1600 Max. and I know I am asking for a lot, I am trying to place all of the points here so that you will be able to give me an educated guess.

I really hope that someone out there on Cyber space reads my posts and understands where I am coming from enough to answear my query.

if not, well, I hope you all have an awsome day and thanks for reading my long post anyway!

Speak soon,
Adriana

I'd recommend one of the arrondissements on the fringes, specifically 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, or 20th. They'll be likely to have more greenery for your children and the rents are slightly cheaper than in the centre, but with the rents you've specified it should be doable. If you're more into arts I'd definitely go for the 12th or the 20th.