Spanish

Hi Everyone,

Will be in Panama in Jan.  Wanted to get a heads start on learning Spanish in these next three months.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what you think would be the best mehhod?

As always, thank you for your help.

Kathy

get rosetta stone! or some one on one lessons (i know this option will be much more expensive in the states.) one on one spanish lessons are super cheap when you move here :)

Hi,

Thank you so much.  Have you ever tried Rosetta Stone?

Kathy

Hi KfMellis, what ara of Panama you will be visiting?

(moderated: no free ads on the forum please)

I used Rosetta Stone and I'd taken some Spanish classes in high school and college. Since I've been here I've found that just the immersion of being here has been a great help. I have also taken classes at the Casco Antiguo Spanish School in Casco Viejo where I live and I've found that quite helpful. I have learned a lot and I feel much more comfortable speak and getting around on a day to day basis. I have lots of learning left to do. But for me taking classes, using rosetta stone and practicing on a day to day basis has been perfect for me! Hope you enjoyed panama! I love it here.

Go on youtube and watch spanish lessons videos. They will definately help.

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your input.  Since I am a corporate trainer, I know how important it is that we know our learning styles, and mine is definitely in a class an not on line. I will keep trying until I find a class/  There are a lot of Panamanians who speak English who are missing the boat by not starting classes.  They get money from each of us and kills two birds with one stone.  I think it would be a great business, but that's just me and I am selfishally looking for a clss. The class could even be at my home.

All of you entrepreneurs out there, this may be your niche.

Respectfully

Kathy

I speak both English and Spanish but not qualified to teach a language. I teach Tai Chi Chuan.