Information required from malaysians

Hello All,

i have planned to make a company in malaysia, KL. my lawyer is giving me a director's visa for that and my wife and children will hold a dependant visa. my question is that can my wife work in malaysia legally while holding a dependant's visa. moreover since i am a business professional can i also get employed somewhere else while holding a director's visa.  plz inform me if u have knowledge about that.

Regards.
Ali

Have You Done It,How its progressing
C Y Later
SR Ali

its in process still

Hi you cant work on a dependent visa. Supposedly easier to turn into a work permit these days but someone forgot to tell immigration lol. You get that a lot in malaysia. A minister announces something then it never or much later happens. Like my ID card with my wp - immi said no such thing! It was announced in the papers.....

Btw it is illegal for a foreigner to set up a company in malaysia unless in very specific areas like medicine and engineering and you need to be careful. You can with a local though but that has its own risks....

Agreed with Nemodot. am curious though. shouldn't your lawyers advise you?

warren

@ nemodot,  thanks for your info. i visited a lawyer company named QADKAM its in KL, jalan pandan. as i am here on visit visa the same i told her. she said a expat can make a company for restaurant ( as my required activity is restoration) but the company shoulod declare a capital of 1million Rm, and on this company i can sponsor my wife & son as well and can start my business anywhere in federal territory and will be the sole owner. the company category will be SDN BHD (she will provide me the proof of 1m Rm on papers by charging 1%) and the total cost from day 1 till my visa process will be 20K Rm.    do u think its real or fake. plz advise if u have some info about that.

Regards.

It's well dodgy a foreigner cant own a restaurant business by themselves (i looked into that as mamak places are money making machines) and therefore it stinks.... Get a good lawyer from a good firm to advise you. Plenty of scumbag lawyers and accountants in malaysia....

Forget eg see
http://www.massongroup.com/settingup.html

You can if a perm resident set up a company btw they seem ti have relaxed that to those with wps (thats new as i was told no) and resident for tax purposes (here more than 6 months) and you need real capital. What your lawyer is doing is illegal though as you are not resident. If anything goes wrong you lose as illegal.

Kingali & Nemo
It was Easier for my friend to form a company with 5mil Paid up capital Holding Co & he is here with his Family of 4 childrens,the Expenses he is incuring is to atune of 5K/PM
"All that is Said Here Different people got different experiences" and he is still here passed a year with not much good returns,presently he is into Ex-Imps,Trading & tourism
and we are open for further Expansion..He says!
It all depneds on CS you appoint for Formation,its the same Formalaties here as elsewere in asia,if you carefully devise a plan then it can be done within A Day like that of Dubai FZE
Nevertheless Hope for the good Try For FZE here it should be Easier,presently Foreign Owenership can be 100%,Well its better if you get a Local for 25% Holding.
NB:An another example a friend of mine(Bangla Bandho) he came here married a Village Belle from Kedah, and applied for a company on her spouse name and he is going Great...

"He says its just One better option and a short Cut to own a Comapany here"

However Later after 5 Years His Views shall differ.........