Loan in Thailand

Hello,

I am an expat in Thailand for nearly 3 years and I want to buy a flat.

What are the formalities to get a loan? Which bank? any advice?

Thank you ;)

You need a Thai wife/husband with a job,or cash to secure the loan period.Ok,their is another way(google loans for farangs in Thailand).I did this and found a site that loans 50% of the amount needed.The min.loan is 5million Thb.They also will need all your money records just like in most western countries.I am not sure of the interest rate,but their is a way to do this.If you have lived here for three years you should know the score with Thai banks.They will loan on cars with a big down payment and proof of a long term visa(Marriage is best)and proof of income.It also helps to have a lot of money in the bank you our asking.I do believe in the near future that loans on condos will be something the Thai banks will embrace.I also think the future will bring some kind of limited ability to buy a small lot and home..no resale speculation will be allowed(one time deal)with resale to only a Thai national..chok dee

Thank you for your reply ;)

It's hard to imagine that you could get any type of loan in Thailand if you are a Expat. We couldn't even get a short term loan to buy a car, and my wife is Thai, are income comes from the US every month, they were not interested in Bank statements, letters, all they wanted was proof that we had a job in Thailand, which we did not. So they would had given us a loan if we could show 1,000 month income, but not interested in 5,000 a month retirement income. We had to move some money from Merrill Lynch to buy the car with cash. Bigest mistake we have made so far. Patrick

The Thai banks are not interested in your overseas assets or income, so you have to just delete that from any conversation. They are only concerned with Thai assets, property or income derived in Thailand

Hello thailand4me and KrabiMan,

Thank you for participating on this thread but it is inactive since 2011, you might not get any response.

I am closing it and invite you to react on more recent threads on the Thailand forum.

Cheers,
Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed