Quarantine in Guangzhou airport ?

When we travel with our pet (a cat in my case), do we have to let the animal in quarantine in the airport of Guangzhou when we arrive from an other country or can we directly go out the airport ?

Hi - when I moved to GZ last year with my cat, I did not have to leave him in quarantine at the airport.  I used a pet transport agent (WorldCare Pet Transport) who arranged all the paperwork in advanced so all I needed to do was hand over the forms to the agriculture inspection office at the airport.  I did have to take my cat to a gov't vet for a health check later in the week, but again, my pet transport agent arranged for all of this.

It was a pretty straight forward process, but I don't know if this is normal or because I used a pet transport agent.

Hope this info helps.
Cheers
Michelle

Hi Michelle, thanks for the very quick answer.
Do you remember the price you have to pay to "WorldCare Pet Transport" ? Does it include any Chinese custom fees ?

I think it was around $1100 - that included all the customs fees, plus processing and translating all the import forms needed from the US, as well as the services of the local agent here in GZ.  She actually met me at the airport to be on hand just in case there were any problems. Later in the week she went with me to the gov't vet to make sure everything was ok with issuing the animal health certificate.

What wasn't included was any excess baggage fees from the airline or arranging for the health certificate issued from my US vet and getting USDA export certificate - that I did myself while still in the States - which may or may not be an issue depending on where you are coming from :-)

oh !!! very expensive !
i hope i can find a way to avoid that and manage directly with the custom service ...
thanks for giving your experience ;-)

if anybody else has some experience to go to china with his pet, please tell your experience

chengzhen84 wrote:

oh !!! very expensive !
i hope i can find a way to avoid that and manage directly with the custom service ...
thanks for giving your experience ;-)

if anybody else has some experience to go to china with his pet, please tell your experience

Hi,

meanwhile  you  have probably already imported the cat. If not, I would be happy to give some advice as I have just brought my cat into China without any agency as I didnn't want to spend that much money. It was very easy and straight forward. No quarantine, they just needed 2 documents and a minimal customs fee of RMB 20.

Hello,
my dearest friend is moving to China and would like to bring his cat with him, avoiding quarantine and pet movers.
This is the first air travel for the cat and it is a long one, since he will move from Italy. Can you help me with all the info about custom clearance, papers and how to avoid stress during flight, please?
thousand thanks

ZiaMarta

Hi Stephanie,
    I am trying to bring my two cats into Shanghai and would very much like to avoid the quarantine and a pet relocation service (unless there's a cheap one).  I would like to hear how you did it for so cheap.  I was considering bringing them to Guangzhou or Hong Kong and just taking ground transportation to Shanghai.  Thanks!

-Casey

Hello stephanie, how did you manage to bring yours cats and avoid quarantine? I am in the same situation, I am afraid that my cat would be declared as sick during quarantine and could not inter on the country. It has all the required vaccination paper.
We Will live in Shanghai, and I am ready to enter by an other city to avoid the quarantine (flighing from Paris).
Thank u in advance for your help!

I thought I'd put in a fresh post just so this information is current for those out there looking for more information about quarantine in Guangzhou. There is still no quarantine there; my husband and I brought our cats from the US with the proper paperwork (rabies vaccination certificate from the vet -- doesn't matter if it's live killed or not, health check by a USDA federally recognized vet, and then endorsed by the state USDA, pictures of the cats, copies of our passports). We took the cats on the plane with Air Asiana (my calm cat even rode in my lap for a big chunk of the ride), and then after going through customs and picking up our bags in Guangzhou, we went to the quarantine and inspection area on the way out. They took our paperwork and the address where we would be staying, then we signed a piece of paper saying we would keep them indoors for 30 days.

It was definitely more stressful in the months leading up to it, knowing we were doing it on our own without a pet relocation company. But it's still possible to do this (as of the end of February 2018) and our cats are happy and healthy in Shenzhen!

I actually wrote a 3-part blog post about this, if you want any more details about the experience.
Getting to China with Cats

Hello, please could you help me with some info how to bring my cat into China, organisation is also asking me too much money
Thank you

Hi :)
Thanks a lot for your post. I will buy tickets to Guanghzou, my final destination is Wuxi. I have heard Hainan airlines can do small pets transport. I am not sure how can I connect to domestic flight.
Just in case you could help me with some advice
Appreciate a lot
Monika