Advice on where to live

Hi
We are moving to Kuwait shortly, my husband has a job on the gulf road , al shabb area. We are looking for a one bed apartment . Ideally we do not want to get a car and so it needs to be not too far from his work. Do you think  it would be possible to find a place for 300 KD.

Also, what is public transport like. Is it reliable and cost  effective. 
Thanks
X

you can find place with that amount and my advice is to get car and not use public transport

For 300 KD you can find a suitable flat nearby in EL-Shaab... but regarding transportation it's better if you can arrange  a "private Taxi" to ride you from and to destinations as per pre-planned scheme..
please feel free for more Qs
Ahmed

I have been here 3 days! The driving is really crazy. I'd advise taxi.

Hi 1finny

There is no sence in driving you got to save yourself while driving from the opposite person

lol, people be under the wrong impression of driving in Kuwait! seriously, whats the problem? Ive seen much worse, atleast people here stick to lanes :P

as for ur query, yes, a one bedroom apt is available in that price range, less even, and until your papers are processed (or husbands) it would be advisable to rent a car, once ur papers are done, lease a car, therefore u dont have to worry about the hassle of maintenance.

PS leasing a car and paying rent would likely not exceed ur house  budget of 300KD. however, u are more aware of ur expenses, and if it is possible for u to hire a taxi for all ur needs, then by all means, why not?