Where can you buy contact lenses?

Dear all,

Does anybody know where you can buy cheap contact lenses in Moscow? I don't speak any Russian and I can't seem to get them to sell me what I want in the shop, and they cost twice what I would pay for them back home.

Any tips out there?

Thank you!

hi!
tha contacts are normally sold in the Optic shops. not even in the drugstores. And I know that in MOW it can be really expensive.
I suggest - you try to buy it on-line:
www.ochkov.net  - unfort - the page is all in RUS - but if you will try to look for the one you need - siply fill in the Search fied (it's on the right side under the sigh; СОПУТСТВУЮЩИЕ ТОВАРЫ and just above the man with the rised arms) If you find the price affordable - you can get in touch with me - i will order it  for you. the shop will have a courier deliver it to any place any time you prefer ))

Hi Kamol,

I've recently found a good online store that sells contact lenses cheaper than in the shop. They also have an English website and they speak English/French on the phone if you have any questions. I think they've got quite a good range so you should be able to find what you want.

The address is: http://citylinz.tiu.ru/

Hope you find what you want!

All the best

I've used citylinz too and I was pleased with the service. I don't speak much Russian meself and it's nice to have a service in good old English!

I actually buy some for my brother back in the UK because you don't need to show a prescription to purchase lenses here. They cost the same price as back home, but at least you don't need to pay for an ophthalmologist appointment every year when you know your eyesight hasn't changed!

Anyway, let us know how you get on! x

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your help. I used citilinz.ru in the end (I think it's the same company you guys recommended, but a different address) and ordered myself one box to start with. It arrived the next day and it was way cheaper than what I saw in the shop. The website is really clear and in English, YEY!

Thanks again for all your tips, this forum is great! Can't believe it took me so long to find out about it!

Kazanskiy train station has Optical Vending Machines with Contact Lenses now. :)

you can buy it in the drug store))