Pre-primary and primary schools on east coast?

Hello,

We might be moving to Mauritius and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good schools (international or not) on the east coast? (around Poste or Centre de Flacq).

Thank you!

Artemis

Hi Artemis,

The east coast is beautiful but for schools you woul have to commute to labourdonnais probably, near pamplemousses..it is doable depending upon where on the east coast you are..roach noir and poste Lafayette, you could do this commute..further down near anahita, very far!

Hello Andrea,

Thanks a lot. We will go for a couple of days to look at schools and housing. It's difficult to imagine the place, distances and of course traffic when you haven't been there. I am in Bali now and I don't want to be stuck in traffic like here... thanks for your help!

hi artemis,

i think the best(closest) is 45 minutes of traffic, through moka? Le bocage international school?--nearer to pamplemousses

Le bocage

info: artemis: its in the middle of the island-but overall if no traffic jams, i used to do east coasts--->centre in 45-55 minutes, medium speeds, looking at the fields around :cool:

another medium english speaking school just opened a new branch in 2011-i think its now oeprational. Orchard kids. here's the link my dear friend:

Orchard kids

hope u can get a good look and needs, both have emails, u can communicate :) have a look through the pictures, u can get an idea.

ok, its warmer again today, dusk time is pushing way, sun is up-summer's coming, sun bathing & swimming too :D

Well I'm int the north near the international schools five mins drive from our house..we like grand baie area and we often go to the east coast for the day as this is very easy to do..the schools near us are very nice too, that being ips for primary and northfields door high school. Good luck!

It could as well, be something, like andrea says, living in the north,& schools are near within kilometers!

I think all Private english speaking pre-primary & primary schools are in the north/centre?

with exception for national schools, teaching english & french & other languages medium, numerous & split in every district.

anyway, have a nice selection, a broad view, a good choice & go ahead artemis :) North have nice beaches also,

cheers
I.

Hello!

Thanks! will try to look for accommodation either on the north or east side. just need to calculate how long to go to work for hubby ...:D

Hello, I'm interested in knowing where you moved to in the end and, if you chose Northfields, how far/long is the commute? We're planning on moving to Mauritius soon and are wondering where to look for housing. East coast (Poste Lafayette) looks lovely.

Thanks,
Mish