Taxi service in HCMC

Hi all, anyone knows reliable taxi service to pick up at the airport and to drive to MuiNe? We used to pay 70 USD for that, now cant find cheaper than 100 USD. Any suggestions? Would really appreciate!

Aquagirl wrote:

Hi all, anyone knows reliable taxi service to pick up at the airport and to drive to MuiNe? We used to pay 70 USD for that, now cant find cheaper than 100 USD. Any suggestions? Would really appreciate!

Hi Aquagirl unfortunately prices have really gone up here in Vietnam and 100USD maybe the cheapest you will find around.. I used to live in mui for a long time , try checking with some of the agency's that bring people from mui ne to the airport in Saigon and travel back alone... these taxis you can get for 10USD  but luck plays a big part in this.... but i have got them before so its possible, 100USD is cheap but to be honest i would not pay it myself and i mostly go either bye bus 5USD which is ok , and bye train to phan thiet when i bring my motor bike either of these ways are good so the option is yours lol

Cheers Eoin

Hi Eoin, thanks for your message. I kinda live in MuiNe myself, but no buses  this time - traveling with A LOT of kitesurfing gear )))

I go to Saigon Vietnam every year..been everywhere but we ride motorbikes. You should try finding a bus that goes to Mui Ne, would be alot cheaper. good luck and enjoy the beach there. Also, be sure to climb up the sand dunes and ride down the sandy hills on a make shift "sled"..have fun

Thanks, guys. Safely arrived to MuiNe with 100 kg of gear, no bus would take it. Paid 100 USD for a small jeep. I mean, any car would be small for us anyway ))

Hey Aqua, did you rent or get a car and driver to take you?

Hi Aquagirl.
i think 100USD is the cheapest price. But if you email to me i can find for the better price.
[email protected]
have a nice day

no with driver of course! I would not drive in Vietnam, thanks. Thank you minken, I will contact you next time.

ok. have good day

You mean from Tan Son Nhat Airport? The cheapest way is to take a cab to the Bus station call "Eastern Bus Station" ( Bến xe mịền Đông). And then, buy a bus ticket at 120.000VND ($ 12) around), maybe cheaper. The bus should be the bed-bus, very comfortable. Bus recommended: Mailinh, Phuong Trang. I hope this help.

Yea.. Bus is good/ cheap and a reasonably fun way to travel in HCM... Recently travelled with my colleagues & we chartered a 12 seater mini-van for a whole day to Tay Ninh Province. 630am to 830pm. We paid 1.6million VND for his service.

Yeah, to hire a mini van 16 seats you can find at SaigonBus Travel company. Reasonable prize! If you have to go by taxi with on a long journey, you may have to bargain for the good prize with the taxi driver, no need to turn the kilometer clock on.

Mai Linh or Vinasun taxi service. They are two of reliable taxi in Saigon. Mai Linh and Vinasun.

Pick-up service from HCMC airport to Mui Ne, Vung Tau, Dalat, Nha Trang or any destination point in Vietnam for reasonable price!!! Book your taxi transfer today and pay after the trip to the driver! Best service! Cheers! http://liveinmuine.com/vehicles-for-ren … transfers/

I wouldn't recommend Mai Linh anymore. Their cabs have been banned from the airport last time I heard. Vinasun is still reliable though.

Here's the link with the info bem1985 is talking about:

http://travelvietnam.org/tvn/news/hcmc- … 13101.html

bem1985 wrote:

I wouldn't recommend Mai Linh anymore. Their cabs have been banned from the airport last time I heard. Vinasun is still reliable though.

Vinasun taxis are accidents waiting to happen, so many accidents all over.

Mai Linh is NOT, nor ever has been BANNED from the airport (information source Southern Airports Authority) (and ML 'own' the railway station.

Worst - VinaSun
Middling - Mai Linh
Best - VINA TAXI (Yellow cabs)

Never take a taxi from the international terminal, walk the hundred metres to the Domestic Terminal where all the taxi'shave meters and you have a choice of about 6 cab companies (no pirates).

This is the article I found

http://tuoitre.vn/Chinh-tri-Xa-hoi/4767 … -Nhat.html

tuoitre.vn is a pretty reliable source

I searched on here and there used to be someone called Dai but couldnt get hold of him. So I used a similar one and his name is Quang, he is actually pretty good at English as he told us he used to work overseas for a while.

His car is a Toyota Innova of 7 seaters, still pretty new, his number is +84 166 526 8560. Or you can email him [email protected].

We ended up using his service for 4 days in Mui Ne and he knew other parts of Phan Thiet City too (there is a lighthouse at the other end of town, which is quite fun and nice to take photo and similar but less developed area than Mui Ne, called Tien Thanh).

He also gives us his facebook page (he is actually smart for a local one man show): facebook.com/quangpersonaldriver