Lost in Guangzhou - Time to Party.

Hello All,
I'm a Chinese-Canadian arriving in Guangzhou for an internship starting next week and looking forward to meeting some new friends. I'm from Vancouver, BC and I have been living in Canada for over 22 years. I was originally born in Beijing and still have family there but GZ is brand new to me!

I would like to get to know some new friends and to go grab some food and drinks whenever possible! I love new experiences and new adventures and I look forward to what's ahead.

I'm currently staying at the Riverside Hotel and I have no idea when i'll be leaving (Company paying for this).

My love especially during the winter is Canucks hockey! If anyone knows where to watch, I will be your new best friend - Don't forget NFL!

Hope to hear from y0ou guys soon,

Best,

James

Hi James!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Hi James,

Same for me, I just arrived yesterday for internship and I don't know anyone. When u arrive let me know so that we can visit guangzhou!

Regards,

clo

Hey James,

I'm from Toronto, and hate your Canucks, but have no problem catching a game with you...the only problem is I don't know where to watch it!  lol

Still looking for a place so I might not be able to this saturday or whenever they may play.  Anyways, if we can't catch a game, a drink is fine with me.

Derek

Derek, something tells me we will have some great conversations -
Hooley's saturday - gimme a shout via pm or on thread

James,

I'm pretty sure I can make it for Saturdy, but this will all depend on me actually getting the place I'm supposed to get tomorrow.  Keep your fingers crossed that I don't get screwed over by the real estate agent here...they're all crooks here! lol

Anyways, the game should start sometime at 9am correct?  Unless of course it's a Leafs game, then it starts at 7:30-8am.  Is the bar even open then?

Derek