Moving to Balikpapan in three weeks

Moving to Balikpapan at the end of October and have just a few questions -

We're going to be shown around to various housing to choose from.  Any suggestions/advice/things to watch out for during this process?

Banking - Thinking about opening account with ANZ.  Any reason(s) not to do this?  Any specific bank worth staying away from or bank worth banking at?

Meeting people - Where are the best places for some professional networking?  I'm going with my partner, but I'm also a professional expat and would like to find employment. 

Or, alternatively, open up my own consulting business?  Does anyone know anything about this process?  Fees, rules, etc.  (I'm going on a tourist visa, but switching to dependent after I get over to Jakarta for paperwork.  I know I'd have to get my own visa, but other than that, is it worthwhile to set up a consulting business in Balikpapan?)  I do educational (train the trainer/teacher education/higher education) consulting work as well as financial/accounting.  (Masters in Finance, Ph.D. in Education). 

And what are the best places for newbies to integrate into community and meet/socialize with other expats? 

Thanks for any information!

greetings wagerland,I also am close to moving to Bali in the coming months with my fiancee .. I am also in search of information to put a business and find a house in bali .. I hope we are in touch so I do not like it get there without knowing anyone .. Good luck with your move. :)