How to start a new business in mauritius

hi  i am an ex pat and would like to know if its possible to register a business at ROC Mauritius as an individual under the self employed occupational permit category and if yes then what would be my address for proposed business activity which is required in the application. According to the information i have gone through it say i need to register at the ROC get a business registration card and then apply for occupational permit. but how do i register a new company without a address. can u please help me on this

Hi,

Maybe you'll have to find an accommodation (even temporary) first?

thanks for the suggestion and can you please suggest me how to find a temporary flat for a period of 1-2 months for rent and which location in Mauritius would be moderately cheap and economical.Are there any websites or classified's where i can look for flat for rent.And how does the idea of virtual office sound to you, do you think it would be appropriate in my case.

I am a Human Resource Consultant and am currently offering my services as Consultant and Trainer to companies in Mauritius on a freelance basis.

I am intending to set up an International Consultancy and Training Firm offering services in different fields.

The Government of Mauritius is laying much emphasis towards enhancing the productivity of the hundreds of companies in the various industries in the country and also carrying out intensive training of their workforce.

As such, I would be very much interested to have proposals from interested parties who would like to go for this venture towards setting up this Consultancy firm.

Let me just point out that investment in the field of training and consultancy is currently being strongly supported by the Government of Mauritius in its quest to make the country become a knowledge hub.

Vayid

mr vayid,
        I have a project in hand and would like to come don to mauritius and apply for a occupational permit under the self employed category, can u help me anyway possible! nif yes do let me know i would be really thankfull.

We can exchange notes how to be useful to each other, as I intend and am considering option to live and work and invest (subject to permissions) in Mauritius

arvind.

These posts are old so you may not get any replies.
Why not start a new post.

I am coming to Mauritius to work for a few years, my wife would like to start a small hair and beauty salon, we both hold uk passports, can anyone advise on how we go about starting her business?

Regards john

hello

you have to rent a place; and the person who rents will give you a letter where you can use this address.

the same will be required by the banks, to opening of accounts.

best regards

johnmc wrote:

I am coming to Mauritius to work for a few years, my wife would like to start a small hair and beauty salon, we both hold uk passports, can anyone advise on how we go about starting her business?

Regards john

First , she will be coming as a dependent on your Occupational Permit ( Work and residence permits) I would assume and thus not allowed to work, per se.
Once she is here she can apply for a work permit which should meet all the financial requirements asked by the BO for self-employment. If her application is accepted, then she will have her own work permit, otherwise she will remain dependent on yours, unable to work .