Job hunting-help! (please)

Hi All, I am moving to Toulouse to live with my boyfriend who is studying there. I am trying to look for work while I am there as a) I need some money to support my self and b) I think I'd go mad if I have nothing to do all day.
I have a Teaching English as a Foreign Language certificate and spent 3 years as a youth leader for my local church so ideally I'd like to work with children, maybe as a live-out au pair or a baby sitter.
Can anyone reccomend anywhere that I can apply for work or, alternatively, does anyone need a babysitter/au pair/ tutor?
I would be happy working in an office or cafe too, although my french isn't too good.

Any help you could give me would be fabulous as I'd love to get out there as soon as possible!

Thanks in advance

Hi liz88,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I would suggest you to post an advert in the Toulouse classifieds > community section - babysitting.

It might help you in your search.

There are so many language schools in Toulouse
You can set yourself up as an autoentrepreneur and give private lessons (or asked to be paid by chèque emploi)
You can sign up with agencies such as Acadomia or Laureat
You can look at the pole emploi website
You can put an ad in leboncoin and this site too, of course

You have to bear in mind that you will not be covered for medical care unless you work at least 60 hours in one month, or 120 hours in 3 months - so you have to think about private health insurance.

So best to register as an autoentrepreneur and pay around 20% of what you earn each month - with this scheme there is no minimum number of hours you need to work to be covered for healthcare costs.

Or you could get married ......