Schools in phuket

hi

My family are moving to phuket july 2012 after visiting many times.
We have an 8 year old son and I was wondering if anyone has experience of schools in phuket.
Especially headstart, rawai progessive school and the new palm house school.
Although we have visited we didn't think it possible to live in phuket so have never checked out the schools and its hard to do from here so any help gratefully recieved

HI
we are living in Phuket for 2 and half years now. we have 2 children a son 6 years old and a daughter 8 years old. they are at QSI (in kathu, center of island). we really like the school: we now more about the primary school and the teachers are great! The new director is very active and a lot of things are happening at the school now. I think it is worth having a visit!

I would recommend Palm House School in Rawai. All of the teachers are fully qualified and uses the International Primary Curriculum. School starts again on September 10th.

hi there, we too are relocating to Phuket in August. we have 2 kids age 6 and 8 and I am trying to work out which schools and living areas. I like the sound of Headstart and QSI as they seem small and intimate and creative, but apparently where they located is a crazy busy location. My partner wants to live up north where its more calm, but the schools there....British accademy and PIDS dont grab me at all. They realy not our vibe....what do you suggest, please....Kindest regards Shelley

Hi there. I am fron Sa and we relocating to Phuket in August (start of school year). I also like the sound of QSI, and my kids are also 6 and 8. QSI looks intimate and in nature and not as institutionalised as the British accademy or PIDS, not to mention cost! What do you recommend, i would REALY appreciate your help.
Kindest regards Shelley xxxxx

Hi we are still in QSI (4 years now!) kids are almost 8 and 10 yo now, we love QSI: caring teachers, family atmosphere, small classrooms, wide choice of afterschool activities, the oldest international school on the island of phuket. we still think we made the best choice for our children.
if you want to live in the north, some families from qsi are leaving in the north of the island too: 15 min drive from heroines monument, 25 min from chengtalay, 35 min if you want to leave in Bang Tao!
by the way QSI is located central of the island but in a nice location surrounded by rubber trees plantations! the neighbourhood is very peaceful and away from the traffic!
hope to see you in august!
aurelie

That sounds amazing. im struggeling to load more info on QSI. I would like to live as near to school as possible, is this an option with QSI? I think its in Kathu area....but then again this may be a street name for all I know. I def want a family , small vibe, not an overwhelming institution that screams............acedemic....This sounds crazy, when we obviously want kids to go to a brilliant acedemic school, but those academies look cold and very impersonal.

What are the fees for QSI as I cant seem to find them.
I called them earlier, but i think you guys are on holiday now, and the lady that answered was very thai, and couldnt understand me. I will try thursday when you back at school.

So happy you replied, and Im excited now because this school does look amazing, and if its small and intimate etc....perfect. is it creative?

Thank you so much.....Im probably gona bug you because my partner wants us to move there by new year in August!!! freak out!!!! Do you think its vital to start in the new year, or do you think starting in the second term would be ok....I also wonder if they have space..........

Love shelley
xxxxxx

we leave in Kathu it is 10 min from the school. you have different options around the school but it tends to be booked quite fast as other international schools are also located central phuket! but we love Kathu, you can leave in Thai estate, nice condos or more expat villas by golf courses.
you can come 2nd term I think!
fees will be for next school year: 300 US$ entrance fees per kid and then per year is 11,900 US$ per kid.
for creative: they have 2 hours per week of arts, and twice a week they can choose art afterschool activities, during elective also they have : creative recycling art or  creative writing for example this term. max kids per class is 10 students, the 6 and 8 yo have extra space now.
students have 45 min of thai lesson per day, 2 hours of sports per week, + extra sports activties during after school and electives.
QSI curriculum is very good, teachers focus on every child abilities, doors always open to welcome the parents, you feel like in a family.
dont hesitate to ask for more info!
aurelie

Thanks ALOT for all the info. i feel soooo much beter now that I have inside info and it sounds absolutely perfect. And that they have place....must be ment to be!

I sent them an email earlier saying I love the sound of the school, and I wouid like to find out about admission for my 2.  Havent received a reply, but probably because of the holidays.

I feel so much beter now that I have found a school that I know is exacly our kind of beat. It has been worring me because I wasnt 100% happy (well, not even 50% happy) and sure about the other schools.

I appreciate your help enormously

Thank You

Love Shelley

xxxxx

I will meet you in August  :)

Hi here are some more schools in phuket that I know of:
smiley-kidz.com
oakmeadowphuket.com
these are two other schools that I know of.
Good luck

How much bhat is it per child per term?

Hi Shelley we are also moving to Phuket next year we had a look at QSI school for our 6 and 9 year old. I have to say it is a amazing school I highly recommend it, but sadly we can not afford the fees our children attend a private school here in Perth but the fees for QSI are just not in our budget. I just thought I would let you know you have made the right choice we looked at it a year ago and I still think about it, my husband and I were very impressed.

Hi can someone tell me where is the Headstart school located is it near Kathu or Chalong. I would  like to know what arear we would look for a house or villa to live in I have no idea where Headstart is located.

Jade Kalaf wrote:

Hi can someone tell me where is the Headstart school located is it near Kathu or Chalong. I would  like to know what arear we would look for a house or villa to live in I have no idea where Headstart is located.

Here is a google map.
https://goo.gl/maps/fTmDG

It is located almost equal distance from Kathu and Chalong.

And of course the school's website has a map.
http://headstartphuket.com/thschool/contact-us-map/

Thankyou so much I now have an idea where to be looking for a house to lease.
Very much appreciated.

I used Palm House for a year - the overall experience was terrible. Badly managed, teachers that seem to be more interested in their lifestyle than your child's education, and very little in the way of parent teacher interaction. My daughter was there for a year and she brought home nothing from school - artwork or homework. We were forced to pay for lunch that she could not eat as she has certain allergies. The school is small but could not even be organised enough to compensate dishes for a child with milk allergies - a common allergy among young kids. I had to make all efforts to engage with the management or teaching staff about my child - there is no scheduled interacting at any time - unless you include a second-rate Christmas party for the kids where they served alcohol to the parents. My child leaned nothing and actually complained that she didn't like school which is weird for a young child - teachers should ensure children are having a fun time. The school basically took my money and lied to me about my daughter's progress until sending a final report card that she had pretty much failed everything. Avoid this school.

Hi, very sad to hear about your experience, it must have been frustrating ......as the children are naturally eager to learn and they want do and experience : " Help me to do it myself"
(Moderated: no free ads please + register in the business directory)