Binh Thanh District Tips and Suggestions?

Hi,

I've just moved to the edge of District 1/ Binh Thanh District with my girlfriend just the other side of the bridge from the Zoo.

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips for places to eat/ drink/ see/ shop in the area?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

I had a thread about Saigon Pearl and the places to eat there, but the moderators deemed it as advertising and moved it. @_@

What's your pleasure? Do you enjoy more restaurants for foreigners, or local spots with a better bargain?

The Manor and Saigon Pearl has restaurants and markets. Pho 24 is decent. Highland Cafe for coffee. Dominoes for pizza. Pearl Cafe is a nice place for a small bar at night but mostly just guys like myself looking for a quick drink before I head to bed. Closes at 11:30 PM.

There's a BBQ place thats got Korean on the sign and I see Koreans and Japanese frequent there. Basically they bring you a bucket of wood and you or a waitress grills your chicken, beef, pork, squid, or what have you on there. It's on the same street as The Manor on Nguyen Huu Canh. I'll have to get the exact address and Restaurant name next time I go.

In Binh Thanh on Huynh Man Dat there's restaurant that serve Mi Vit Diem. Probably the best in town since its good and clean and always busy. 

I recommend taking your GF to Van Thanh Park one day and night. Romantic spot for the two of you. They cafe and restaurant on the river.

You have a great swiming pool in Rach Mieu Sport Complex. It's not in Binh Thanh district but in Phu Nhuan district (Phan Xich Long) where you find many cafe :-)

Thanks for the tips guys!

Anyone knows any good vegetarian cafeterias/takeouts close to the Manor/the Pearl?
I found some good websites about D4's veggie restaurants, but have not found anything close there?

BTW, Rach Mieu has a huge and good gym with top equipments. It has a good karate club and tennis courts as well. However, it is no way near to the Nguyen Huy Canh bridge.

You have a vegetarian restaurant in the Nguyen Huy Tuong street, Binh Thanh or Au lac, in Xo viet Nghe tinh street, nearby Hanh Xanh roundabout

There's a great chinese restaurant (Ocean Palace) at So 2 Le Duen next to zoo. Sushi bar at le thanh ton... quite a lot of food in that area yeah .:) Pizza/ KFC/ Highlands coffee/ Pho 24 can be found at The Manor. Opposite side of Nguyen Huu Canh is Saigon Pearl, lotsa eateries there too...