Hi from a future expat

Hi may name is Steve I am from Britain and hope to move to Denmark in 2010, hope to make friends here, for any who wish to move to Britain im happy to answer your questions and help.
Im looking forward to leaving but its more a reflection of my preference for Denmark rather than my feelings for Britain.
Ive lived here all my life, just need to live elsewhere.

I fully intend to live the rest of my life in Denmark become an honourary Dane and do my best for my new adopted country.

I hope to make many friends here and look forward to chatting with you all.

Cheers Steve.

Welcome on Expat.com Steve!

Why did you choose Denmark?

All the best,

Julien

A combination of Language, quality of life, preference of cool climates and a website I stumbled upon.
Ive felt for a long time now that Britain is no longer for me, I need a different, cleaner more well ran place to live.

I know Denmark is not the easiest of places to get established but for a once in a life time move its worth the effort.

I did look at a lot of countries, mainly the English speaking parts of the world, but places like Canada, New Zealand and Australia have large admin fees, points systems, masses of paperwork and background checks (not that ive got anything to hide)

Plus im not all that highly qualified and I might struggle for points, but with Denmark Ive simply got to find a job and a place to live, and thats about it except a few bits of paper.
I know work is hard to find, but they need workers so if I knock on enough doors, send enough applications etc its just a question of time, plus im good value for money.

I will probably try by going down the route of Agriculture and seasonal work as a way in, find the nearest Catholic Church and make my connections that way.

I figured id be better off putting fee and flight money into learning an EU language, and seeing what the rest of the EU has to offer, Ive never really seen my self as an EU citizen, and never thought much about what it meant, but now I know what this citizenship actually means in terms of me being able to move anywhere in the EU without much hassle, all I can do is say thank you EU.

Id be interested to know if there is any types of business we have in Britain that the Danes do not and might like.

IE are there any Brits on here or people who have lived here who are now in Denmark, was there any British type services or conveniences that you missed.

I know its cheeky to ask for free business ideas, but I hope to benefit my new nation as much as possible.

Cheers Steve.

Oh, ps, a little question.

Can anyone tell me, are betting shops (bookies) common in Denmark, and if so can you tell me the names of the more popular chains.

It relates to my job search.

Many thanks, there is a heather top beer recipe in it for any help.
Better still I hope I can make some for you in the future.

hi! welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your stay! also, I am a newbie here.. nice to meet you..

What's up?

Hi there! Im a newbie here too, I am from the Philippines. Welcome to all of us I guess.. hehe.... Im not an expat yet, but I am considering of moving to China hopefully when someone hires me already, i will fly as soon as possible.

I've been applying for about 2 weeks now, I guess, still need to exert more effort i guess. No luck yet, up to know, but I am currently exchanging emails with this agency in Shanghai. I hope they will consider me.

Anyway, hope to chat with you guys soon! Goodluck to us too! ;-)