Where are the expatriates living?

Hi
Which parts of San Jose - other than Escazú are most of the English speakers tending to live in? I know the area reasonable well and want to avoid the priciness of Escazú? Are there many expats in Heredia or Alejuela?
Thanks

Hi!  I don't know anything about San Jose but there are certainly many, many expats living in the Tamarindo area of Guanacaste!

Kelly

I live in Santo Domingo de Heredia.  There are a few expats, but not enough to ruin the place.  Just kidding!  On a serious note, though, why are you interested in places that have the most expats? I would in no way let that be the driver of my decision of where to live in Costa Rica. If you do you will be missing out on a major reason to relocate here, that is to enjoy a different culture than the one you're leaving.

One other thing to note...if you are thinking of relocating to Costa Rica and not learning the language, Spanish, I would seriously reconsider....

Thanks
We have lived in Costa Rica for 4 years and my Spanish is not too bad.
I have a possible business venture that would necessitate being in the proximity of a pocket of expats but we are not moving to transplant an English world or live in an "english ghetto"
I appreciate and agree with your comments by the way.

I've found English speaking theater in San Jose next door to Sala Garbo cinema. The performers are mostly expats and I don't think they live too far. Most of expats, who live in the San Jose? live in central area, I guess, also in San Pedro or close to the center.
But that's urban people, like me. A lot, probably majority live on coasts or some mountain places, which I do not like because prefer city life.