Child care in Cagayan de Oro

Hi,

when settling in a new country, working parents are mostly concerned about finding child care services for their children.

What can you share with us about the child care system in Cagayan de Oro ?

How much is daycare in Cagayan de Oro?

Is the staff qualified at these daycare centers?

What are the usual opening hours?

Do they provide other services at the daycare center?

Any daycare center in Cagayan de Oro you would like to recommend to other expats? What makes them special?

Thank you for participating! :)

In Cagayan de Oro city and Iligan City.. 2 cities shared almost the same development..

If you are a working mom and you want to leave your kid in a day care center.. then it is available every village or you could choose the city day care center.

Day care center actually in Cagayan and Iligan city.. its just for early learning..

if yo need somebody to take care of your child, you could hire a "YAYA"

Yaya is in different prices. if you will hire an English Speaking professional to work as "Yaya" then you need to pah her around $150 - up US dollar per month.

If you want just an ordinary "Yaya" its only $70 - 100 USD per month (Stay out)

"Stay-in" Yaya will do the work including house cleaning and laundry like a house maid is more cheaper for $50 - $90 USD per month,

Thank you prince_denison! :)

Armand
There are no daycare centres in CDO that I know off, mostly only early learning centres but these only take your child for two hours and they must be 4 yrs or older, (my little one goes to one)
A yaya is the best bet, a live in yaya is the better bet. BUT, make sure that she has good recommendations.
We are fortunate that my aswa's sisters assiat us in looking after our little one (she is 6), the reason behind this is that we live in Lumbia and Nicole (our youngest) goes to Kindergarten in Carmen, so she often stays in Carmen during the week at the parents house.

Regards
Phil (Potico II, Lumbia)

Thanks for your help philipg!

Regards
Armand

(Moderated)