Electronics-voltage conversion

Hi all
I bought a 60inch LED in Canada couple of months ago and now now had to move to AD.

Is there any chance that it might work here keeping in mind different voltage and broadcasting system?

an encouraging reply will save my huge investment :-)

Rgds
Waqas Zafar

waqas wrote:

Hi all
I bought a 60inch LED in Canada couple of months ago and now now had to move to AD.

Is there any chance that it might work here keeping in mind different voltage and broadcasting system?

an encouraging reply will save my huge investment :-)

Rgds
Waqas Zafar

You'll need a 230v 50Hz step-up transformer.

Most modern TV's are multi-format so PAL format shouldn't be a problem.

Hi,
Waqas its good that you asked the question.  I agree with Sandman6 who has correctly pointed out you will need a transformer due to the differences in supply for each country.  :one

Without the transformer, your 60" LED TV would probably be fried...
:nothappy:

Guys
thanks for the input.
So voltage issues is resolved....step-up transformer from 110 ro 220V
but....
real issue remains: i think north american tvs are mono system and these will not operate here in UAE :-(

i will check with sharp.

rgds
waqas

All new TV's are PAL - NTSC compatible

Sandman6, good to know about the new TV's being compatible (PAL & NTSC)..

Waqas, let us know if you managed to get your TV operational or if you did contact Sharp nd what their response was.. ;)

Jaz

Guys
Just an update.
I will bring along following (from Canada):

For system conversion: (form NTSC to PAL)
220giftcenter.com/Com_World_CMD-RF1080p_PAL_RF_TV_Tuner_to_NTSC_HDMI_Video_Converter.htm

For voltage conversion:
110220volts.ca/ATVR-1000.html

My shipment will arive middle of jan.
Will let u guys know how it works.
I have a brand new 60" LED (just bought in August 2011) and will be throw away price if i want to sell so better to take a chance.

Any one having experience with voltage converters from local AD market. I have heard that products are low quailty/unreliable????

Feed back will be appreciated.

Hi Waqas
I personally never bought a voltage converter from the market. Given that electricity is involved and you want safety and reliability, i'd buy a branded one and from a reputable store. At least this way you know its certified and you get a warranty with the product - from the market i dont know if you get branded stuff or equivalent unit, and if it goes wrong..it could pose a fire risk and you probably wont get your money back!...

Maybe some can advise you on market purchases of electrical items..

good luck..

Jaz