Relocating to Muscat Soon

Greetings,

I have recently accepted an offer to work in Muscat.  I'm expecting to be there within the next two or three weeks.  I have tried, with no success, to search for suitable accommodation close to my work place and my two kids' prospective school.  I was unable to find good interactive maps, and property websites are not equipped with distances feature.

I will be working in Shatti Al Qurum, next to Ramada Hotel, and planning to send my two kids to TASIM or the British American Academy.  I do not know how far these two schools from my work place.  I understand that Shatti Al Qurum is one of the most expensive places to rent.  Therefore, I'm not inclined to live there, unless it is possible to find a reasonable rent.  It would be very helpful if someone could recommend other decent and safe places, which would be close to my work place and one or both of the two schools.  Also, I would appreciate mentioning of approximate distances and commuting time.

Your input would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Cowboy

Hi..I am radhika from India.Have done my MBA, Working for CITI in hyderabad.Have 4 years of experience at managerial level in financial services sector.I would be moving to Muscat in another 4 months to join my husband..Looking for a job in muscat which suits my profile.Req help in finding suitable jobs..and also in finding accomodation (1 or 2 bedroom) in another 2 months.Thanks..