Summer sublet wanted:cairo

Wanted: Cairo sublet or Cairo/NY apartment swap.
We need:
• Two bedrooms
• High speed internet
• Air conditioning
• Neighborhoods of Maadi, Zamalek, Garden City, Doqqi (The closer to City Center the better)
• July and August
My friend and I are mature professional Americans. I've been a high school art teacher for twenty years, and am going to Cairo this summer to further my study of Arabic.
References available upon request. -Alexandra

I will give you my good friend's number. He rents flats in the area you want. His name is Amr. Tell him Madeha sent you. I spent 3 years knowing him so he's trustworthy. He and my son were best friends for 2 years. cell: 018 317 2376.

If you cant reach him then call Sophe. He helped me get 2 flats. only problem is his english is so so. try anyway. tell him Madeha the American and you need a flat. He'll speak english fast.  He'll want a commission so bargain with him . tell him half of what he's asking and insist.. Keep saying Madeha is your friend and only half.. after awhile he'll say ok.

Cant really open the book on what the life is life there in Cairo...I think Im still tramatized.  Take care and never forget ...believe nothing you hear...even when they swear on
the Quarn.

Keep my contact and if you need help again...e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks pandora4eva, it was really nice of you to respond right away like that, and with extra advice as well.I'll contact Amr asap. I'm so excited about coming to study Arabic, and about spending extended time outside of NY (although I love my town!). I've been to Cairo a few times, and fell in love with it right away.