Immunizations and English teaching jobs?

Hello folks so Im going to move to Saigon from the UK to try get work as an English teacher, im currently doing a TEFL course and hope to be in Saigon by the end of march. Are there many jobs available for someone like me with no teaching experience and no degree? A friend of mines is going at the end of November so he will find out but thought asking here could help him too.

Im also wondering what jabs do I need if any? I went to India earlier this year so got a load of jabs for there and took malaria tablets, but really cant see myself taking them for a long period of time, or even want to take them in the first place to be honest. Any advice with these two things would be great. Thank you

Hi Broomptish!

I wish you good luck in your projects,
Harmonie.;)

ull get some teaching work here with no degree or cert but id recomend u get a celt or tesol once here and get some proper training,,,, u dont need any injections lad

Brilliant cheers mate, good to hear you dont really need any immunizations, cheers for the info, half way through my tefl course so hopefully that will get me some better rates of pay! I will maybe consider the celta if Im any good at it but for now im just doing the tefl as I cant afford the celta.

gudman i have just finished my Tesol  course

Cool mate good luck, im wondering how much do you expect to earn now that you have the certificate?

Teaching english with certificate only and no degree or experience will mean working either privately or through the language schools. The main high schools won't touch you.
Earnings language schools starting pay around $12-15ph once you get some experience it will increase. Of course if your negotiation skills are good you may get higher but I wouldn't count on it.
Private lessons around $20 per hour.
Not my area so I maybe wrong but that's going off what friends have told me who are teachers.

yes laidbackfreak your correct....  with a tesol/celta and no degree u can earn between 12 to 20 dollars depending on getting luky with negotiations.. but 15 sounds about right.. with cert plus a degree looking more like 18 to 20

Hey prettyboy,

Don't worry about seeking job much. Many schools and center here want to employee native English teacher like you.

Great thanks for the info folks cant wait to get there, my friend is leaving in november so this will be good news for him too! Thanks again