Pet shop in Bahrain

is there any petshop?

Hi Snnsvy and be welcome to the forum...

Ouch I've tried to pronounce your nick'... not possible with my tongue :p

OK pet shops, you have plenty of them in Bahrain.
The most popular are birds and fishes shops.
For birds you will find a huge variety of them. Don't be afraid to enter the shops, many time the outside view doesn't reflect the big assortment they have inside. You will also find them in some markets : Isa Town covered market for instance has a nice vendor.
As far as fishes are concerned, if you are looking for sea water fishes there is only one shop selling equipment and fishes in Sitra. If you look for fresh water fishes, they are all over the place ! There is a big one on Budaiya Highway, just after the Harley Davidson Roundabout.

If you are looking for something more substantial like cat or dog, there are quite easy to find, but pretty expansive I think. And I definitely must suggest you to pass by the shelters where a lot of pets end after their nice owner left the island without them :(
To have a pet is a big responsibility and a lot of people just see the fun in it.
For more exotic pets like snakes, spiders and so, they are not really allowed here and it's forbidden to bring them here. Then even if you'd manage to get one, it would be very complicated to find appropriate food, vet care etc...

Hope it helped... maybe pet owners could tell us about their experiences with pets ?
If you want to find the closest pet shop to your place you can try the yellow pages, the website ClickBahrain or send me a private massage with the kind of pet you'd like and the area you live in...

Did you come recently to Bahrain or are you here since long ?

Cheers

Hi and welcome on board snnsvy!

I changed your thread title to a more explicit one.
It should help in making it more visible ;)

Thanks for your reply Olivier. Great as usual ;)

Regards
Armand

:d

No advertising please.
Post in the company ad section

Thanks