Advice for opening a bank account! (Riyadh)

My first week is over in Riyadh, Inshallah will soon receive my Iqhama. Now I am thinking where to open a Bank account so that it provides me online access for transfer of funds, pay bills etc. within Riyadh.
Also I should be able to transfer money to India where exchange rate and fees are decent enough. I am new to the concept of NRI account … do I get to open both accounts, if so please guide me by providing bank names and procedures.

Thanks ….

I don't know about NRI but two bank accounts that I have tried that provide that are:
National Commercial Bank (Al Ahli Bank) and
Saudi Investment Bank

they allow you to transfer funds online, pay bills, car installments...etc

Most banks allow online transactions - SABB, Riyad Bank, Rajhi Bank, Alimna Bank, etc....

For sending money back it differs depending on country. All banks allow monies to be remitted back however  this is not always the cheapest way.
Get advice from someone who remits to India they will be able to advice you the cheapest way.

your best bet is to open an account with SAMBA so you can use speedcash to remit funds to India

the_blade wrote:

your best bet is to open an account with SAMBA so you can use speedcash to remit funds to India

So SAMBA it is ?  The_blade , are you from India ... if so, then I will go ahead with your advice ... or do I have some more options?

Dear..

You have the Relationship Manager of The Federal Bank from India at Al Rajhi Bank to help you in opening an NRI account in India.
Get in touch with him ar 0540 816 981.

sir,,how to open my acount,,im interested to apply my account in your al raijhi bank..thank you very much...

new nre

asslwakum  i need account open  riyadh bank

mateen raza wrote:

asslwakum  i need account open  riyadh bank

Go to the bank bro.

Assalamu alaikum
dear sir i want to open account in riyadh bank please let me know what should i do.

Hi mohammed akbar,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Did you see or read the previous post from TheLegendLeads :) ?

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

I AM WORKING IN DOHA COMPANY. I NEED NRI ACCOUNT BECAUSE I SENT TO MONEY THROUGH MONEY TRANSFER. SO PLEASE HELP ME.

Hi  J VINOTH

Can you please avoid posting in caps lock this, make you the text you posted hard to read. :)

Please refer to this thread, where you may find a the answer to your issue. ;)

Regards,

David.

Dear sir,
I want to open account in riyad bank online, possible are not i want to know.

@ akbar mohammed : :up:

Need to visit branch

IT Guy wrote:

My first week is over in Riyadh, Inshallah will soon receive my Iqhama. Now I am thinking where to open a Bank account so that it provides me online access for transfer of funds, pay bills etc. within Riyadh.
Also I should be able to transfer money to India where exchange rate and fees are decent enough. I am new to the concept of NRI account … do I get to open both accounts, if so please guide me by providing bank names and procedures.

Thanks ….

Hi IT Guy, I recommend SAMBA, they are offering so many option like remmitance, transfer money, pay bills etc.....+966(1)4774770 heres the landline for more info......:) goodluck!!!!

iam newly arrived 1 week ago with out iqama by showing visa stamping page in passport can we open account?

please advise me

vamsipenu wrote:

iam newly arrived 1 week ago with out iqama by showing visa stamping page in passport can we open account?

please advise me

No.  If it were that simple, everybody would be doing it.  Simple is NOT a word often used in Saudi Arabia!

Alliecat wrote:
vamsipenu wrote:

please advise me

No.  If it were that simple, everybody would be doing it.  Simple is NOT a word often used in Saudi Arabia!

Exactly.

Hi there, just listening to u guys makes me wonder if I should still come. I have been offered a job in Riyadh but told that their is nothing to do except watch tv. I am a single female and if opening accounts is hard for the guys what abt me? Lol

thamiela wrote:

Hi there, just listening to u guys makes me wonder if I should still come. I have been offered a job in Riyadh but told that their is nothing to do except watch tv. I am a single female and if opening accounts is hard for the guys what abt me? Lol

Opening accounts is not hard @thamiela. Most, who tossed 'I want a bank account' in this thread, need to move their a**es and visit bank brances. Doesn't take more than an hour. Dropping a note on a social network....does that ever work except in dreams?

Dear friends

can any one suggest me the bank to open a savings account that provides credit card and personal loan with low interest rates

[Moderated: off topic]

Thanks ….

i need a accout plz tell me what i do

Go to a bank and see what the requirements are. They generally need the below:

1. A letter from your employer COC
2. Original Iqama
3. Copy of passport

Get salary certificate from your employer and chamber it, go to the bank with salary certi and Original Iqama, thats all