1 or 2 weeks in Nairobi... Accommodation recommendations please.

Hi,

After some local Nairobi knowledge....

I'm looking for a Hotel/ Hostel from the 6th of November for about a week or two.

I fly into Nairobi on 06/11/11 and don't plan to stay for that long... Will be buying a car with the help from expat-to-expat.com and then doing other bits and bobs before I drive down to the coast.

I'm originally from the coast and don't know Nairobi that well, I did live there for a wile as a child. So know the main areas etc, but hopefully some one from Nairobi can lend some local know how and recommend a few places.

The main two I'm considering at the minute are Wildebeest camp (stayed here last year and its pretty good) and Sandavy Guest House Bed and Breakfast (read some good reviews) I will be traveling alone so looking for a fairly social place and not a typical central hotel.

If anyone would recommend a few places that would be fantastic and a great help.

Hope to hear from you guys soon

Thanks

Ian

Hello Ian,
I do believe I can be of great help to you.While you are here.However I need to know the kind of budget you have for the two weeks you will be here in Nairobi and the dates for your stay, and also down at the coast.I can then advice you on the some of the places that would ideally suit you.Incase you want to get in touch with me you can email me on (moderated: no free ads pls)or simply call ,I can even organize on your arrival Airport transfer to your hotel or guest house.
Regards
Roger

Thanks for the reply Roger.

I'm really only looking for recommendations and nothing else.

My budget will be around 2000/3000 ksh a night. Like I said I am already looking at a few places. But would like some local Nairobi recommendations.

Thanks

Ian

Thanks Ian for your response.
The kind of budget you are talking about will offer you accomodation in some hotels downtown.Hotel gretton,kipepeo,which may simply provide bed and breakfast and a hot shower,I could suggest more names if you are still interested.
Regards
Roger

Hi Ian,

Have you thought of home stay where you pay for a room in an upmarket place around town vicinity for that kind of budget? As Rogers says that will only get you down town.  If interested can suggest few apartments.

Rgds,

Peni

Hi

I have a  furnished room in a 4 bedroom Apartment for rent located on Kabarnet Road just behind Nakumatt Prestige. We offer daily , weekly, short and long term rentals. Affordable daily rates from 2,500KES. Rates includes ZUKU cable TV, Internet Access, and daily maid service. A very peaceful estate with swimming pool, gym, ample parking space, play ground for kids, basket ball court and 24 by 7 security.

try airbnb.com - you might find a good option there.

best of luck

Thank you.... :)

Hi Ian,
Did you know that expat-to-expat.com now also offers people assistance with house and accomodation searches?
There are a few furnished appartements in the neighborhood were I live, Kilimani, which is between Yaya centre and the Nakumats on Ngong Road (Presitge and Junction). E.g. there is Ole Odume serviced appartements or Graceland guest house, behind Yaya centre.

By the way have I already mentioned that you are also welcome to stay at my place? The only but is: my in-laws are coming from 25th Nov, so you have to split before that time ;)

Cheers,
Joep