Books about Cairo in English

I'm not usually a book reader but I came across a book in iBooks called "Playing cards in Cairo" about the relationship between an English journalist and an Egytpian girl . It was a fascinating insight of how hard it is for an Egyptian women to marry a foreigner and very amusing at times . .Anyway what I want to know does anyone know of any interesting modern books there are about life in Cairo.wether it's about marriage, or teenagers growing up here or maybe even the changes since the revolution . I'm sure there are some to read out there . By the way if you ever decide to read "Playing cards in Cairo" you won't be disappointed :)

Hi sophie  I loved that book too....if you liked that I would recommend Tweets from Tahrir which is self explanatory and is the most up to date concerning the revolution by Nadia Idle, a bit heavier is inside Egypt by john Bradley it was initially banned in Egypt and is a bit more political but offers fascinating insights and the Author got a lot of coverage on TV during the revolution as he predicted it coming in this book. For a lighter read try Taxi it is a series of short stories based around taxi journeys through Cairo there are loads of great books out there on Cairo but let me know where you live and I will point you in the direction of the nearest bookshop that stocks this genre.

in her profile is written: Al Rehab City :)

Hi Sofie

in City Stars mall , you can find a virgin store , many books modern and various topics

Geely wrote:

in her profile is written: Al Rehab City :)

Geely this is just brilliant, how did you notice this !!
keep going :top: