Pet sitter

Does anyone know of a trustworthy person available to stay at my home and care for my dog for one week?

Hi emlucarini!

You should post an advert in the jobs section of HCMC classifieds!
It might help ;)

Regards
Armand

I can help you, I was a nanny for 3 dogs and 4 cats of my family.
Please contact me when you free 0909 46 10 46
Have a nice day :)

Bé Mèo wrote:

I can help you, I was a nanny for 3 dogs and 4 cats of my family.
Please contact me when you free 0909 46 10 46
Have a nice day :)

Hello Bé Mèo,

Would like to know if you can take care of pets at your place? And how much do you charge?

I am interested in dog sitting.

I am an American.  I am moving to HCM in January. I arrive the 4th of Jan.  I am a dog owner here in the US.  I actually just took my dog to California to stasy at my parents house as I transition to Vietnam.  My only references are my coworkers in Vietnam.  I will be living in D1 and if your place is close enough, then maybe i can help.  Let me know what you think.  you can view my profile for more details.  I am an Engineer for a retail company here in the US.  I love dogs, have had them all my life.  Taking care of one for a few days might help me transition and help you fill the dog sitting spot.  Let me know.  My name is Sam.

SamNov2011 wrote:

I am interested in dog sitting.

I am an American.  I am moving to HCM in January. I arrive the 4th of Jan.  I am a dog owner here in the US.  I actually just took my dog to California to stasy at my parents house as I transition to Vietnam.  My only references are my coworkers in Vietnam.  I will be living in D1 and if your place is close enough, then maybe i can help.  Let me know what you think.  you can view my profile for more details.  I am an Engineer for a retail company here in the US.  I love dogs, have had them all my life.  Taking care of one for a few days might help me transition and help you fill the dog sitting spot.  Let me know.  My name is Sam.

Hi Sam!
Where in District 1 will you be staying at? I'm staying in district 1 too. I actually want to get a puppy soon! But the only problem is finding a good pet sitter. Happy to know that you are willing to help :D Do let me know where you will be staying and if possible your email so we can keep in touch :)

Hi Sheena,

Word of caution. Never entrust your dog/pup to a total stranger. I had a dog sitter recommended by a friend for free but never got my pup back. That was my 1st bad experience.

If you are going to buy a new pup don't even consider buying one from Le Hong Phong Street in District 5/10. I bought my 2nd pup there and he died within a week. He got sick the 2nd day and I took him to a vet. The 1st question the vet asked me was did I buy the pup from Le Hong Phong. Strange line of questioning I thought initially but I later found out from other pet owners that the most of the pups in that area are not healthy. The vet has also experienced many similar cases with pups bought in that area. What's worst there are no doggy funeral services available in HCM. I had to bury him with my bare hands.

Another thing you should be aware of. There is no money back guarantee policy in HCM. Unlike what we are accustomed to in our own countries where most pet shop owner are responsible, the propreitors here sell their dogs as livestock waiting to be sold.

I am still pinning for another pup but because of my 2 unfortunate experiences have become scared to even want to bbuy another pup again.

If you want to buy a puppy, why not consider adopting instead?  I know recently Dr. Nghia a vet in District 2, has 7 puppies dump at his clinic.  Dr. Nghia is a very good vet educated in the UK & he's the best vet in HCMC & I only trust my 2 big dogs with him.  His clinic is also used by the ARC Animal Rescue to house abandon or abused cats & dogs. 

If you are serious about looking for a healthy puppy, why not consider adopting from them?  For sure they will be very healthy & will not die on you. 

Dr. Nghia can be contacted at 0909063267 & their clinic address is:  33, Duong 41, Phuong Thao Dien, District 2. 

From ARC website, you'll be able to view all cats or puppies that are currently available for adoption. 
http://www.arcpets.com/

Good luck!!

Hue1964 wrote:

Hi Sheena,

Word of caution. Never entrust your dog/pup to a total stranger. I had a dog sitter recommended by a friend for free but never got my pup back. That was my 1st bad experience.

If you are going to buy a new pup don't even consider buying one from Le Hong Phong Street in District 5/10. I bought my 2nd pup there and he died within a week. He got sick the 2nd day and I took him to a vet. The 1st question the vet asked me was did I buy the pup from Le Hong Phong. Strange line of questioning I thought initially but I later found out from other pet owners that the most of the pups in that area are not healthy. The vet has also experienced many similar cases with pups bought in that area. What's worst there are no doggy funeral services available in HCM. I had to bury him with my bare hands.

Another thing you should be aware of. There is no money back guarantee policy in HCM. Unlike what we are accustomed to in our own countries where most pet shop owner are responsible, the propreitors here sell their dogs as livestock waiting to be sold.

I am still pinning for another pup but because of my 2 unfortunate experiences have become scared to even want to bbuy another pup again.

Hi there!

Yes I totally agree with you. Will take note on your advice. Well, that street is where they sell dogs by the street like a market rite? I think I would be getting a dog from an actual pet store like the one in District 7. Yet to check it out tho but I will definitely be careful when getting one. Been reading up a lot of cases over the internet so I hope I'll be more aware after this :)

Thanks Hue! :)

dopey wrote:

If you want to buy a puppy, why not consider adopting instead?  I know recently Dr. Nghia a vet in District 2, has 7 puppies dump at his clinic.  Dr. Nghia is a very good vet educated in the UK & he's the best vet in HCMC & I only trust my 2 big dogs with him.  His clinic is also used by the ARC Animal Rescue to house abandon or abused cats & dogs. 

If you are serious about looking for a healthy puppy, why not consider adopting from them?  For sure they will be very healthy & will not die on you. 

Dr. Nghia can be contacted at 0909063267 & their clinic address is:  33, Duong 41, Phuong Thao Dien, District 2. 

From ARC website, you'll be able to view all cats or puppies that are currently available for adoption. 
http://www.arcpets.com/

Good luck!!

Hi Dopey,

Yes I have heard of him and also the animal shelter. But I am looking for a specific breed that I have fallen in love with. Not too keen in big dogs at the moment as I'm staying in an apartment. But thanks for the advice tho. Will definitely consider Dr.Nghia in the future :)

Thanks Dopey :)

The pet shops in PMH are not cheap.  There's a new one that just open along the main street of Sky Garden 1, Nguyen Linh Street. 

There are 2 other Koreans pet shops & I actually prefers their breed variety. 

Not sure if you've ever had dogs before or not... but just a word of advise, do a research on them before buying as different breed has different needs & exercise level.  You need to find a breed that suits your lifestyle (active or couch potato) & the amount of time u are able to spend with it.

All the best!!

dopey wrote:

The pet shops in PMH are not cheap.  There's a new one that just open along the main street of Sky Garden 1, Nguyen Linh Street. 

There are 2 other Koreans pet shops & I actually prefers their breed variety. 

Not sure if you've ever had dogs before or not... but just a word of advise, do a research on them before buying as different breed has different needs & exercise level.  You need to find a breed that suits your lifestyle (active or couch potato) & the amount of time u are able to spend with it.

All the best!!

Is these 2 korean pet shops along Nguyen Linh Street as well? I'm planning to get a yorkie. Will definitely research on them before getting one as I never had a dog before.

Hi Dopey thanks for the tip I will definately give Dr Nghia a visit. Do they speak English there?

See from your profile that you are a fellow Singaporean. From the depth of your knowledge can tell you are "lau chiow" here. We have a regular outing group & majong group among a couple of sg-ians. U are welcome to join us next outing. I'm sure your contributions would be useful to the group as all of us are still newbies in HCM

Hi Hue,

Yes.  Been here for 7+ years & yes, know of the outings but am not into majong.  Dont have the patient to sit at the table for so many hours staring at tiles.  LOL

Please do visit Dr. Nghia's clinic.  The puppies are in real need for a good home.  I can't take more puppies in as I already have 2 big dogs & I am also allergic to my own dogs allergen.  If I take in more dogs, I think they'll be the cause of my early demised.  LOL

If you need any help, just drop me a private message. 

Cheers,
Yvonne

To stay on topic, Dr. Nghia's clinic also provide dogs & cats boarding.  It's very clean & dogs are taken out for daily walk (2 times).  When I travel, my 2 dogs will go to him & they LOVE Dr. Nghia & his staff & in return, Dr. Nghia also LOVE animals with all his being.