Hello. I'm a new member.

Hello. I'm new here. We are thinking of moving to the Canary Islands next year (Aug, 2012). I'd like to teach English there. I've been a teacher for about 15 years.  And we would like to find a primary school there for our youngest child, too. Could anyone give me any advice how to start,or where to find a teahcing job, or anything useful,  I'll be grateful. Thank you .Csilla

Hi reschofsky,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this intro.

I would suggest you to have a look at the "Life in Spain" guide. This might help you in your search.

I wish you good luck,
Christine

Hi there!

You must be very brave moving here! The life on islands is very different from holidays or from the life on continent, so get ready to take your expectation's level a bit down, otherwise it could be very frustrating... But there are possibilities also. On Gran Canaria, where I live there are some english speaking or bilingual schools, incluiding The British School in Maspalomas and The American School in Las Palmas. Because the education is obligatory here, also there is no problem to enroll your kid into the public spanish school. There are also a plenty of language schools.  About the teaching, guess the way is to send C.V., but from my practice I know most of jobs you can get easier living here and talking to people face to face. Good luck!