Meeting People?

Hello! I'm a recent college graduate- just moved to Budapest for an internship at the National Theatre. I love the city so far but am finding it really hard to meet people. I'm learning Hungarian but would love to meet some English speakers... any advice on ways to meet people in the city?

Thanks!

Hi - there are a lot of ways to meet English speakers here in BP. Several pubs and restaurants in the area. Try the Caledonia Pub on Mozsar u, Scottish pub full of English speakers. A good start. Beckett's Irish pub on Baycsy Zsilinski u and Iguana, the Anmerican expat hangout on Zoltan u. Also, check out The melting Pot in the Funzine magazine, which has meeting usually monthly. Facebook is full of groups and meeting places, including: Expats Hungary, Gift of the Gab, Expat Notes, Budapest Rugby Watching and Beer Drinking Fans, so check those out also. if you'd like to come to the british Embassy Club, open only friday evenings from 5-8, let me know and I'll put you on the guest list for an upcoming Friday.  There will also be some upcomin events in English, so keep checking Facebook and join some of the groups available. Good luck and if you need more info please let me know.

Gary Lukatch
[email protected]

Gary, thank you very much for the useful info. I am also very new to Budapest and would like to meet English speakers so will follow your advice:) It would be great to join the upcoming events.
Regards,
Svetlana

Hi Svetlana. Plese do come to the Melting Pot tonight. I maz not make it this time, but will trz. ASlso, come to the rugbz Saturdaz at Caledonia pub on Moysar u, behind Jokai ter, to meet more people. I also know quite a few Russians here in BP if zouád like that also. Otherwise, hope to meet zou soon.

Garz

Damn PC, never stays with English!!! Caledonia is on Mozsar u, near Oktogon and behind Jokai Ter. Hope you can make it.

Teachrman,

Since you've mentioned it ...

How does one get on the guest list for the British Embassy Club?
And might I pass the test as a candidate?