English Language Theatre

Hello,
I have recently arrived in Budapest. Up until 2003 I ran a successful Theatre in Education company, performimg extensively throughout Western Europe.
It is my aim to recreate this language theatre here in Budapest. To this end I would like to contact Hungarian teachers of English, to talk about the viability of the project.
It would be good to meet/talk to anyone in the field of teaching English in the state education system.
The project initially will be aimed at 10 - 14 year old students.
Thank you in anticipation of any thoughts or questions you may have.

tomthumb wrote:

Hello,
I have recently arrived in Budapest. Up until 2003 I ran a successful Theatre in Education company, performimg extensively throughout Western Europe.
It is my aim to recreate this language theatre here in Budapest. To this end I would like to contact Hungarian teachers of English, to talk about the viability of the project.
It would be good to meet/talk to anyone in the field of teaching English in the state education system.
The project initially will be aimed at 10 - 14 year old students.
Thank you in anticipation of any thoughts or questions you may have.

I think there's an English speaking theatre in Budapest. I know there is a theatre somewhere in Budapest which has a British director who can speak very good Hungarian. Unfortunately, I cannot remember his name but you might be able to Google it.

Also this:

http://www.dramaworks.hu/en/home.html

Well my daughter is turning 9 soon, and loves to act and dance and sing, so count us in! She could do pre-transformation Eliza Doolittle right out of the box :-)

By the way Szentendre (a town not far from Budapest and pretty close to us ;-) ) might be a more fertile location for this idea due to the higher average income and education levels, and the sheer concentration of art in the air.

please contact me at [email protected]
I am organizing an Community English Theatre in Budapest.
Love to cooperate and have you on board.
Cheers!