Information, Please

Hello,

I'm here to ask some advice on a recent job opportunity I've received.
I've recently come in contact with a Nigerian politician/businessman who lives both in the U.S. and Nigeria.  He has offered me a job with one of his companies in Nigeria to act as a general project manager.  Also, he has been appointed to a government post in a state nearby Abuja after the recent elections. 
SO, basically I've met with this guy a few times, he seems like a nice, trustworthy man.  This job in agricultural development with a nominal salary, and large commission potential.  He has also offered to pay for my travel to from Nigeria (bi-annually), housing, meals, driver, cell, and laptop.  We have an unsigned contract in place, but my concern is with the legitimacy of his company and interests in Nigeria.  His company is not registered in the U.S., but is incorporated in Nigeria.  It is a very small company that he would like to grow in the future, so there is little research that can be done.
With all the scams coming from Nigeria, I have a strong concern for the legitimacy of his company and the safety of living in Nigeria in general. 
Does anyone have any information on similar situations??  Can you think of anyway to find out more information on my employer and his company (other than google searches)?

With all the scams coming from Nigeria, I have a strong concern for the legitimacy of his company and the safety of living in Nigeria in general.

You said everything. Be very careful

I know of an investigative intelligence business outfit in Nigeria
that could help you to investigate if the business is a genuine
deal or not.

Take care!

Hello,

I am a Cameroonian working in Abuja. Please, give me the Man's names, company name, company address, and phone. I can try to check it out for u.

Thanks and God bless.