Viettel, Vietnamobile, Mobiphone... international call/text?

Hey there,

So I'm trying to figure out which provider to go for.  My boyfriend lives in China so international texting and calling is pretty important to me.  I'm currently using Mobiphone but right now I can't seem to call or text anyone international for more than 5 texts and then i cant anymore.  It's possible i used up everything on the card but I can still text and call local numbers.  I don't really get it.

Is one provider better than the other?  Viettel has some sort of blackberry service and I have a blackberry, but all I really need to do is text and call.  I don't need anything blackberry related.

is there a place in HCMC that I can get my phone set up easily?  I was hoping to talk to someone who speaks english since my vietnamese is poor and I really want to undertand how their service works.

Anyways, any tips would be greatly appreciated

Hey,

I'm aware that this topic was long time ago.

But I can recommend Rynga for international call and text (obviously for people who don't use Viber, whatsapp or something like that).

Why not use Wechat?

The whole China is using Wechat and all you need is a internet connection in Vietnam (it does not depend on which service provider) on your phone. You can chat till the cows come home.

That's what the "apps" are for!

Yes, you are right.

When I post this, I just think about my parents, grandparents, most of my uncles and aunts even cousins,
  using smart phones and internet is something not familiar with them.

And I do think maybe there are other people same with me ...

Is a little confusing here.

Your post was about communicating your boyfriend?

Anyway, there is only 3 way to go.

1. take advantage of the mobile phone digital era (some training from you to your old folks may be required)
2. do some homework via internet or go to the service providers personally and pay for the overseas text and calling
3. Set up a computer for skype calls. (training still required I suppose)

Any better options? anyone?

The post about communicating with bf was aleejelly, not me.

Yes, you are right again.
But for example, I have 20 relatives live in 20 different houses, I consider load a Rynga card and call to them is faster, easier and cheaper rather than setup 20 internets and buy 20 computers, etc.

ahhaahaaha..... My bad!  :dumbom: