Bombay to Spain :) on 19th September

Hola,

I am planning my first ever trip to Europe along with a friend of mine. I need to know anything and everything one should know about Spain.
Places to travel, places to stay, eating joints, shopping and the usual tourist destinations etc.

I do not wish to travel like a tourist though, wish to spend more time with the locals and get know real Spain.

I have heard travelling is a little expensive there... should I hire a car or public transport is better?
Is home stay common there?

Places that I must visit while in Spain? (preferably the remote but not dead areas)

I am super excited as I type this post and can't think of other questions at the moment. Will add a few more later.

I am extremely dyslexic when it comes to map reading hence a little apprehensive about the trip :)

Eagerly awaiting replies.

Thanks,
Chetna Nagpal

P.s: what clothes should one carry?

Hi there,

To be honest, i never been to Spain but planning to go there next year myself... Well first of all it depends on you duration of stay in Spain; however Madrid is a magnificant city with has many historic places to visit. " La Puerta del sol" is a symbolic place in the heart of the city i would expect you to come across, commercial shops are located in " Montera and Calla Mayor street, i guess you can head for Barcelona as well very beautiful city with tradition, I hear  the food is very nice there; i suggest you try the restaurants, e.g lot of sea foods menus few recommended restaurants are Casa Leopoldo and Reial Club Maritim of Barcelona.

Same in Barcelona there are many places of interest to visit onc you get there try to buy out a touristic guide even though you wish to spend time with locals is may be difficult but not impossible there are nice people there too.

I know is a bit short in explaining everything but hope it helps. Yeah for the dress preferably summer cloches is better because of hot weather during the day but came be chilly zhen the sun set.

Good luck to you ;-)

Hola,
just finalized a few things... i will be heading to Barcelona first for a trade fair... first 2 days I will be busy with the fair... post that I have a good 10 days to explore the area.

I don't wanna spend all my days in Barcelona... Italy is on my mind but not sure if it will work out. Another place I wanna visit is Andalusia (Seville, Ronda, Granada, Cordoba).

Do let me know if I am on the right track. If you could suggest some other places around Barcelona it would be nice.

Thanks