Public transportation in Varna

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Varna ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Varna?

Thanks in advance for participating!

What kind of transport are you looking for ?

Hi george000 and thanks for your reply!

We are looking for general information on what is available actually.

Regards
Armand

Hi, I can tell you all you need about transportation in Varna.The usual mean of transport is bus. The price for a ticket is 1BGN for the pubic transport in the city and 2-3BGN if you want to go to the summer resorts. It is not very regular and depending on the place you are traveling to, it can be overcrowded. There is no metro but there are trams operating the same way as buses. Other popular way of transport is taxi. They are cheap if your budget allows it.

What do you think about the means of transportation in Varna ?
The transportation system in Varna is 100% superior to where I live now in Long Island, New York. I was very satisfied and got around easily.

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
In Varna Central and to the various quarters, yes - transfers are easy and decently developed. There are areas on the outskirts, such as getting to the new malls that may still be a bit tricky and require one to three buses, depending from where you are starting.

What modes of transport are available?
Buses, taxis, trams and trains for going to other areas of Bulgaria, Turkey, Romanian, etc... and of course, Varna airport.

Do you use them?
When I lived there, yes, on a daily basis.

How much is a fare?
Buses: 1BGN for local rides and up to 4BGN if you are traveling further out.
Taxis: A 12km ride runs approximately 7BGN. They rates, when I left were about 45 stotinki per km. I had a regular taxi driver whom I used and he would sit and wait for me to finish shopping (on quiet days such as Sunday) without an additional fee.
Trains: From Varna to Plovdiv 18BGN (over 600km) The rail system is older, but clean, reliable and inexpensive.

Air: WizzAir can get you to Sofia for under 20BGN in less than 30 minutes if you book 30 days in advance.

Are they relatively safe?
Extremely safe. Even in the outlying villages. Once you are outside of Varna Central, most bus drivers will stop wherever you ring the bell. I never found the buses overcrowded except during rush hour, which is too be expected. There are seated and covered waiting areas in most parts of Varna Central and in some outlying areas as well.

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Varna?
Bus and taxi.

Thanks in advance for participating!