Public transportation in Dammam

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Dammam ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Dammam?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Well..the only mode of transport in here is the taxi, they will charge you 10-20 riyals depending on your destination.. hmm, yah, i think they are safe :)
other than that, you will suffer :S
it is hard to get around if you don't have a car, no adequate modes of transport in here.

oh ya, there are buses that go from Dammam to Khobar, starting point is near Kanoo building, you have to go there in order to get in the bus.

As 3adnaan said, getting around without a car is relatively tough. You would have to spend a fortune on cab fare if you chose that mode of transportation. I highly recommend you find a car you like and can do with. There are great sales on second hand cars that you can find here in Saudi, if you need help in your search, you can give me a buzz.

Also, it's hard to get taxis in the late evenings.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Also, it's hard to get taxis in the late evenings.

And for those who do find some, it's almost always a disturbing experience for some reason, maybe it's the "dead of night" atmosphere.

Once, I took a cab from Al-Hasa to Ad-Dammam and the guy behind the wheel was very suspicious looking, and his mannerisms failed to dispel the disturbing storylines going on in my head.