Public transportation in Lisbon

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Lisbon ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Lisbon?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Public transport in Lisbon are safe!

You have a tram that tourists love, the train that takes you to the outskirts of Lisbon and all other places in Portugal, the underground, taxis and buses.

The best in my opinion is the underground. You can go anywhere in no time!

Thanks for your contribution amelia26!

Harmonie.

There are seven types of public transport in Lisbon: Bus, Tram, Train, Metro (underground), Boat (ferry), Elevator (lift) and Funicular.

Actually you can't go to anywhere using only the metro system (underground). There are many places in the city without or far from any station.

Yes, i consider the network of means of transportation well developed, and it has more than a century of experience. There are room for improvement (mainly the metro system, like i said, it will more than duplicate in the next few decades), and yes, they are safe.

Most people use the combination of Bus+Metro, but the ferry and train systems are also very important to connect Lisbon to the suburbs and to other parts of the country.

Trams are only active in the southern areas of Lisbon. Despite common foreign knowledge, some of the lines are still very important to connect some parts of the city and they deviate many people from the bus system. Actually there are some areas in the south of Lisbon that only trams can go through. So the yellow trams are still working not "only" because of tourists.

The funiculars and elevator can be considered a neighbourhood type of transport.

What else?

The fare! The single ticket for one hour Bus+Metro system is 1,4€. You can buy a daily ticket for 6€. And you can load money into cards and travel for 1,25€ (1,8€ in trains).

@vnaalcol - thanks for the sharing of information :)