Public transportation in Oslo

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Oslo ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Oslo?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hi Armand,

I am quite new in Oslo.... just 15 days..

Oslo is well connected by public transport to all corners...you just need to know the exact time and type of transport..

you can use taxi, bus, train and tram for local travelling..

You might be aware that, Oslo is one of the costliest city to live with (I guess its 3rd in world ranking of costliest cities), but with some smart thinking you can easily save some hardend money here....like...instead of taking tickets on the spot you can have a pass....an Oslo pass which can make u travel unlimited within Oslo by bus, or tram costs you around 550 krone.....this is one of the good options...

I have seen most of the people using them as they are very frequently and timely available...

yes ofcourse! Public transport is very safe here.....atleast i didn't saw or heard anything fishy about them..

I mostly used Buses as they are convenient as well as quite punctual to  their timings..

If you are here...do not hesitate to ask people...they are very friendly and eager to help others......also you can use various Information centers available on all terminals for any information...

People in Norway understand english quite well...so it won't be a problem for english speaking guys to interact with Norwegians...

(Hey! sorry...i thought you are a newbie and tried to explain things in that way.....:-)

Hi Tarun, thanks for the information very useful info. I am new to Oslo as well and looks like the public transport connects the city very well. I haven't used it so far as I live in the city center and near by places are quite walk able.

tarundel26 wrote:

you can use taxi, bus, train and tram for local travelling..

Don't forget the 'T-Bane', the underground.

And if you get a season ticket, there are bikes around town.