Samsung or Iphone4?

Hi,

Can someone share with me which smartphone is well supported by the telco companies in MU? Samsung Galaxy S-II or IPhone 4? 

I will be coming over soon and I need to make sure I bring along a phone that is supported in MU, i'm not a techy person n hope some tech experts in MU can help..

Some other questions:-
1. How many telcos r there in MU?  I visited Orange.com & they r doing promos for Iphone 4. Maybe this translates to their preference to support IP4 over Samsung?
2. Is Iphone 4 brougt over from Malaysia usable in MU?
3. Is it common for expats/foreigners to own a postpaid mobile line in MU?  If not, what are the normal mode of communication?
4. Is it difficult for expats/foreigners to register a postpaid mobile line, with voice & data services?  Or is prepaid plan a better choice?  I plan to get access asap! :)
5. Any other helpful input?

Thank you guys! Look forward to step foot in MU soon...! excited..

conface wrote:

Can someone share with me which smartphone is well supported by the telco companies in MU? Samsung Galaxy S-II or IPhone 4?

Either.  If you can put a SIM card in it, then it is fine.

conface wrote:

1. How many telcos r there in MU?  I visited Orange.com & they r doing promos for Iphone 4. Maybe this translates to their preference to support IP4 over Samsung?

Mobile operators: Orange and Emtel. MTML offer CDMA based services, but that wouldn't be compatible with your iPhone.

conface wrote:

2. Is Iphone 4 brougt over from Malaysia usable in MU?

Yes.

I would recommend the Samsung Galaxy S2 over any smartphone any day!

Yes it's compatible with Orange and Emtel.

alisa, u seems a SGS-2 supporter over IP4..any particular reasons? :)

SGS-2 +1

the Android world is more open than Apple's world

Adding to this discussion, has anyone experimented yet with Samsung Android version 2.2 WIFI Tethering capability in Mauritius ? Did it work ? What did you use ? Orange or EMTEL ? Saw 2 samsung modells for sale in jumbo richeterre where a sticker on it says WIFI... How about the pricing of the usage of WIFI HOTSPOT ? how does emtel or orange charge you if you use that lets say 5 PCS surfing the web over it when DSL is broken :)