Program to learn Arabic?

Im looking for a program to help me learn arabic.  My work schedule does not allow me to attend regular classes so I was looking for a program like Rosetta Stone or something similar with voice recognition software.  I realize most systems will teach MSA instead of the local dialect but a good program in MSA would at least help my comprehension of the language, reading, writing, and TV.

Hi jamonline!

Have you considered posting an advert in the classes section of Saudi Arabia classifieds?
It might help ;)

Regards
Armand

Armand,

Thank you, but I already know where to buy programs ;-).  What Im looking for is peoples opinions of which work and which dont.  Some programs cost $500+ and I would prefer not to waste that kind of money on a program which doesnt work well :D.

Your link will come in handy though, thank you!

If there is a native english speaker who reads these boards and who has used a computer/online course to learn arabic please let me know how it worked for you.  I get some practice at work as most of my coworkers are Saudi but normal class schedules simply are not an option for me.

Dear Jamonline,

If you need, I can help you to learn Arabic.I'm native Arabic speaker and can speak English well.

If you are interested send me on

[email protected]

Regards,
Dr. Ayk

if i give you arabic learning program in running condition for just 120 SR . will you buy it.

jamonline wrote:

Armand,

Thank you, but I already know where to buy programs ;-).  What Im looking for is peoples opinions of which work and which dont.  Some programs cost $500+ and I would prefer not to waste that kind of money on a program which doesnt work well :D.

Your link will come in handy though, thank you!

If there is a native english speaker who reads these boards and who has used a computer/online course to learn arabic please let me know how it worked for you.  I get some practice at work as most of my coworkers are Saudi but normal class schedules simply are not an option for me.

Thank you!

Im in Ras Tanura, and have a odd work schedule, so online/computer courses are about my only option at the moment.  I will be able to practice my arabic at work (they have taught me some) but I would like to learn more.

Good morning my brother know some course to learn Arabic but regular so it's no good for u so I can help u conversation but no have experience to create program or to teach u just if u want talking

jamonline instead of using software better mingle with locals

jamonline wrote:

I'm very familiar with Rosetta Stone--not learning, myself, but using it to enhance the English language learning of non-English speakers in the US.  It's an excellent program and uses the same techniques for all languages (includes reading/writing/speaking/listening, all or pick what you want!).

But you're right. Expensive!