Employment Pass Rejected

yes it is still pending

HI Just a quick question, I am British got a job with an Investment bank in Singapore 6 figure salary and the lot. Employers are well established. I have about 10 years Investment Banking Experience.
Msc Degree from UK
Advance Diploma from USA (Ivy League)

I just wanted to check do I have a strong case to get an EP.

I havea been told it should be fairly straightforward, fingers crossed.

Any advise helpful.

Thanks Guys

Should be no problem at all!

hi all
my appeal EP application approved....Thank for all of members 's advise ...

nice to hear.I am happy..my congrats friend....

thz so much fri ...

how long it took for ur appeal friend?thanks!

Foreign expat would need to have working permit at least to do any job in Spore. Talk to your HR dept and appeal with MOM would be the best thing can do for this moment.

hi how abt ur appeal status..thanks friend..

mine is still pending?It is nearly almost two months over now. how abt urs? how long its been applied?

hi.my one also pending.Are you also in visit visa like me friend?

no, im in india. dont know y the appeal takes this long time. how long u r waiting for result?

Cheers mate (beppi)

much appreciated

Hi guys,

I'm kind of in a toughie here. I have no prior experience to HR but because I'm the only local staff they had hired and they need help applying their passes.

My firm just started in 2011 doing software development/finance and has its HQs in Europe. The directors are all Russian, and currently on Entrepass expiring in Nov. They want to upgrade to Employment Pass one P1 Scheme.  They earn SG$8k and above, and have MsC in Russia's state universities. What other requirements need to be fulfilled before I can help them apply via EPOL online?

1. Their study documents MUST be translated into English right?
2. Do they have to hire 2 local people to have a higher chance?
3. Is manual submission pose a better chance of attaining EP than online submission?

Hi,can u please help me?my EP was rejected.and appealed.now 5th week gone.Still no process?What to do for it friend?thanks in advance!!

hi am planning to move singapore on 3 month tep ..is it possible to tranfer as work permit after 3 months

You cannot "transfer" a work visa, as it is tied to one job.
If you want to change job or status, you need to apply for a new work visa and cancel the old one. There is always a risk that the new one is not approved.

I ALONG WITH MY FAMILY HAVE APPLIED FOR PR AND WAITING FOR THE RESULT.MY EP AND MY FAMILY DP EXPIRES ON AUGUST 2013,I AM GOING FOR RENEWAL TO SINGAPORE BUT TO RENEW DP FOR MY FAMILY,IS MY FAMILY NEED TO BE IN SINGAPORE,AT PRESENT THEY ARE IN DELHI.

IF MY PR IS APPROVED AND I ONLY HOLDS A EP BUT MY FAMILY DP'S ARE EXPIRED...WILL IT BE DISQUALIFIED AFTER APPROVAL

DPs can be renewed while the applicant is abroad, as far as I know.
But your EP will not be renewed if you are not currently working in Singapore.
When your pass expires, any PR application is also cancelled. But since PR is only for residents, your family will be rejected anyway if they are not in Singapore.

P.S.: If you don't press the Caps-Lock key, you can actually write in proper lower case, which is more readable and pleasant. All CAPITALS is interpreted as shouting and rude!

Hi Beppi,
Hope you are well and thanks again for your time..
its been almost a year and the circumstances have changed
we now have 2 local singaporeans that are based in the Singapore office..
My salary has increased to round 9000Dollars..
what do you think is the chance of applying now for an EP again?
I am thinking of applying one in August..
Can you suggest any Employment agencies who can do this in a professional manner?
Thanks
vic

Hi Vic,

Since you posted last, the requirements for PEP have been raised well beyond your reach, so this avenue is lost.
By hiring two locals, your company has shown a viable, long-term commitment to Singapore, which might change the authorities' mind to grant it permission to hire a foreigner.
But the requirements for P1 EP (the only EP without university degree required) will be raised very soon, maybe already in July. If the new level is above S$9000/month (which is likely), that avenue could be gone for you, too.
So I'd advise you to apply for a P1 EP as soon as possible. Don"t wait until August!

Hi Beppi,
Thanks for your reply. I will decide how to go about it and make a new application again.
lets see how it goes.. thanks again for your help.

I had a hell of a time getting mine renewed and I'm married to a Singaporean and have been in business here for eight years. I hope that you have a job that no Singaporean can do. Then you shouldn't have a problem but if you don't then it might be a real problem. Mines a long story but if you are interested the just write me back.
Good luck,
Steve

It is much more difficult to get an EP for working in your own business, because this avenue has been abused by many to get a visa without really being eligible.
Please post your story here, so others can learn from it as well!

Hi all,

Maybe its a bit off topic, I want to ask, how long does it take to process "S PASS"? I have been waiting for almost a month. MoM already accept my application on a first week after the application.

Thank you in advance.

Processing of S-Pass can take between one day and two/three months, depending on the background checks MoM is conducting and how easy it is to verify the information (e.g. check your degree with your school, etc.).
What do you mean by "MoM already accept my application on a first week after the application"?

HI Beppi,

Myself aman from INDIA.

I request you advise me some  reruitment agency in Singapore who help to indian people to get JOB.

Best Regards

aman

Recruitment agents in Singapore are quite useless. You are better advised to send applications directly to potential employers. You can find job ads on the usual sites like Monster, Jobstreet, Jobsdb, etc.
Please also note that you basically have to be present in Singapore to have any chance for a job interview. So consider planning a trip for a few weeks and mentioning the dates in your applications ("I will be in SGP from ... to ... and that would be a good chance for a personal discussion.").
God luck!

Hi all
I'm from vietNam .

I have a degree in electrical electronic engineering.However, after seeking too long for a job in this sector and get no interview. I wanna get the job here so have tried myself in f& b sector by registering with one recruitment agency. They helped me edit my resume to suit f& b relevant experience and managed to help me get the job and my e pass has been approved . I started to work two weeks ago but havent signed the contract yet. I realised that i have to go to 1 month trial before they sign contract with me. That means they can cancel my pass after 1 month if they found out im not suitable for this job( since im an engineer and had no f& b experience). Now Im very worried and stressful . hoping anyone here can give me an advice. I would like to ask. If I apply for the other job in different sector will I get any chance for a new pass approval? Since my resume and experience has been modified by the agent to f& b industry. Will it be considered as information discipency information if I now add in another experience beside f&b experience in my resume?
( I wanna look for information technology sector so I will add the relevant experience to apply for job in this sector.)

Thank you very much for reading at my post.
I appreciate for a reply from you!!!

Meitran: You are in deep shit here!
If I understand correctly, you applied for an EP using wrong information. This is a serious offense in Singapore and can get you deported with no chance of ever coming back.
If you apply for another EP with conflicting information, they WILL find out. So don't do that!
If this was really caused, as you said, by the agent, the only chance you have to clear your record is reporting it to MoM immediately. You will lose your current EP (because it is based on false information) and be deported, but due to your honesty and cooperation with the authorities, they will most likely not blacklist you, which means you can apply for another EP later.
The agent and your employer, however, will be penalized.
You'd better contact the authorities ASAP - waiting will make the matter worse!
(Incidentally: Did you have to pay the agent for his work? This is illegal in Singapore, as the employer must, by law, bear all agent fees. Is you actual salary lower than what was specified in the EP application, or you are required to return some of the payment back to your employer or the agent? That also is illegal, but commonly used by unscrupulous agents and employers to cheat the job seeker and MoM. Do not take part in such schemes again!!!)

Hello Team,

Please advice me, my LOC on dependent pass got rejected when I apply with one of the recruitment company.and the reason was given that I have previous experience in other stream so because of this reason I cannot work with recruitment company.As I have submitted all the valid documents and also done the certification with CEI(basic) with EFMA.

My employer had a word on this and they have taken 3weeks time.
I and my employer both want to work together but Mom is not allowing what to do.

kindly suggest

Follow MoM's advice and look for a job that fits your background and experience.
MoM makes the rules and you better follow - after all, it's their country, not yours!

Hello Beppi,

Thanks for your response, But this is my decision and employer's decision, government should not take any decision on behalf of changing carrier in any stream of any individual.

And I know that its their country. and only because of their country they cannot take any weird decisions without proper excuse.

vibhoo saini wrote:

government should not take any decision on behalf of changing carrier in any stream of any individual.

vibhoo saini wrote:

and only because of their country they cannot take any weird decisions without proper excuse.

You can try to present this opinion to the authorities.
It won't make any difference to them (if they listen at all).

Hi Beppi

I saw you are the expert here. I need an advice very much.

I'm would like to develop my business and live in Singapore, and chances for EntraPass are slim.

I do have enough capital, and intend within 6 months of operations to hire singapore workers.

What you would do if you were me?

Do you think establishing a corporation in Singapore, with local director, plus having a friend of mine to be a sole shareholder for two years,
and applying myself for a director position as for employement pass (7000 SG/m salary) would be the best option?

Would much appreciate your answer
Ron

It is possible (although even more difficult than the Entrepass) to be hired by a Singapore-registered company that one is a major shareholder of, and get an EP for that. But since such a setup reeks of a scam, the authorities will check everything possible to ensure this is not just done for visa sake (and they will reject the EP if there is the least bit of doubt).
If you think you cannot get an Entrepass, my advise is to forget about an EP. (If you'd like to try, ask Janus or any other service provider to register a company for you.)

If, as you claim, you have enough capital, why don't you try the Global Investor Program or the Financial Investor Program instead?

Global Investor Program – Who Can Apply?

To qualify for Global Investor Program the applicant must:

have a substantial entrepreneurial and business track record of at least three years, to be evidenced by audited accounts of the applicant's company for the last three years: the turnover of the applicant's company must be at least SGD 30,000,000 per annum in the most recent year, and at least SGD 30,000,000 per annum on average for the last three years; and where the chosen investment is in a new business startup or expansion of an existing operation, the applicant will need to submit the audited financial statements of the relevant company at the end of the second and fourth year of his investment.
senior corporate managers will no longer qualify to take part in the program (effective from 2011).
In addition, the applicant must: invest at least SGD 2,500,000.
The investments above have to be maintained for five years and the business plans must be approved by Contact Singapore.

Financial Investor Program – Who Can Apply?

This program is for very wealthy individuals and their families who may wish to relocate to Singapore. To qualify under the Program, the applicant must have minimum net personal assets worth at least SGD 20,000,000 (certified by a declaration made by a financial institution in the prescribed format). In addition, the applicant must either:

Maintain a minimum of SGD 10,000,000 (“Minimum Sum”) in financial assets in a designated account that will be booked and managed by a financial institution regulated by the MAS for a continuous period of five years

First, thank you beppi.

I'm definitely light years behind the amounds needed for the investor visa. So it is not an option.

and Yes. I actually talked to Janus, and that is where the idea came from. After reading your posts it looks illegitimate and borderline illegal. Not a good way to start in a new place.

However, I do understand EntraPass will be tough for me, as I do not have currently big business in my state, borederline capital, and yearly criteria are tough. But it may be possible.

With regards again to the EP, I will mention that I will not be shareholder of the company, in the first two years.
In fact, after reading your posts, if I choose this venue, I will choose a Singaporean shareholder to make it more valid, and maybe better sentiment in the eyes of the examiner. I can afford to have 7,000 SGD a month for a director position.

Taking into account both option, what would you choose if you were me, with greater chances of success:
EntroPass, or EP under new start up company, with singaporean as shareholder, and director position?

Thank you
Ron

So do I get this right now:
You want to be employed by a Singapore company that you are not shareholder of and have no financial interest in?
(Declaring somebody else shareholder while actually the money is yours, in order to get a visa, is illegal and puts you in a very weak position in case that somebody wants to cheat you!)
In that case you just come under the normal EP eligibility rules - i.e. if you have a recognised university degree (or a salary above S$8000/month - soon to be raised), the salary is in line with your education and experience, the job fits your background, the company can show that they cannot hire a local instead, and the company is allowed to hire foreigners (newly founded companies are often not), then you will probably get the EP. But there is no assurance and no recourse in case MoM rejects. (They usually don't even tell reasons for rejection.)
If Janus tells you another way (and you can pay their fees), go with them - you can still sue them if they told you wrong.

Add: I think I have heard that EP holders are not allowed to become shareholders of their employer. Check this before going the route you indicated above (becoming shareholder after two years).

Altogether, I can only advise you NOT to try to game the system in Singapore. The authorities are wise to look through all possible ruses and are pretty vindictive to attempting abusers (even if the scheme looks legal on the face of it, but only goes against the spirit of the rules!). They also have the legal right to reject anything for any reason they want!

Thank you

Truth to be told, what you are saying, unfortunately, makes too much sense to me.
it seems that I have no recourse in that case. :(:(
or to try my luck with personal friend as an owner.