Employment Pass Rejected

Means that MOM won't tell us the reason If adverse record with other government ?

It's none of their business, so they might only tell you to ask ICA or whatever other agency it is - but they might not tell this to the employer for privacy reasons, of course.
The police or judiciary can also be a cause of "adverse records".

I have no any police or others issue in Singapore . I was surprise when saw my rejection letter :(
But today my company and I call MOM , they never tell us the reason ... At first I call and ask ,the officer it's a boy say that need company call them ,they just can tell what is the reason . Then my company call , they say because privacy and confidence they can't tell my employer too .My colleague ask them then how can we try to appeal if you din tell us the reason ,the officer say no need to waste time . After that I call again and tell the officer all the situation .Then this officer say impossible won't get the reason if company call in then I ask whether can I pass my phone to my HR ,he say yes .After my HR talk with the officer ,the officer give my HR a code then say that will call back to us within 3 days. Do you think they will call back again ?i really wish that they will call back and tell us the reason . I also have email ICA and check whether I have any record with them . Wait for their reply too ...
In this case , what you will suggest me to do ?

You can wait for ICA to revert but mean time either you have to wait 3 working days as they have said to call you back, which I believe they should call you. If you don't receive any call then the only way you can see some positive response would be visiting MoM office and speak to the officer face to face. Hope you will get a positive response.

I said surprised because usually MoM tells you one liner reason. I have read cases in past where MoM actually informs the employer (who had applied your pass) or the candidate about the adverse news at ICA if any. Not sure what happened exactly in your case that MoM doesn't want to tell about adverse news. You can recollect your memory to see any where or anything went wrong in recent times or in past, cause it's a peculiar case where a candidate doesn't know the possible reason of adverse case and MoM not willing to give any hints.

I really din make any wrong things in Singapore .If i go down mom do i need to make an appoinment with them ? Then like you say write a letter , can teach me how to write ? Really thank you so much .

It is better to have an appointment at MoM.
Sorry, I cannot teach you how to write.

Just a quick question, for a rejected S pass.. if employer submitted an appeal, will the status on EP online change from rejected to pending??

Rainseeker wrote:

Just a quick question, for a rejected S pass.. if employer submitted an appeal, will the status on EP online change from rejected to pending??

Sometimes yes, sometimes not.

Looking at previous Comments from other users in similar situation, didn't change their status to pending. The reason may be that when someone applies his application status shows as pending because the result of your application is still unknown, but when it's rejected then the result of your application is known i.e Rejected.. hence even after you appeal, result of your application is still "rejected". The status will only change if it's successful or else no changes. This is my observation from many applicants who had similar situation like you. Good luck.

Thanks Beppi, my appeal was submitted April 12. Although I'm actively seeking new job now, still hoping for a positive result. 😊😇🙏

Thanks Surya2k 😊 Hope that we submitted enough supporting documents for the MOM rejection reason. 🙏😇

Hi,
I guess it is clear that your EP was rejected due to different JD.
Factors which play a very important role are:

Applicant's age, salary, citizenship, education, professional experience, and skills
Roles & responsibility of the applicant
Reputation of the company and its paid-up capital
Availability of local workers and economic viability of the company to Singapore
This link tell you everything
https://www.rikvin.com/infographics/wha … ment-pass/

All the best

thanks for your info , my company appeal for me on 19/4 .Then appeal result was successful on 30/4 :)

Greetings!!
My EP was rejected and after calling MOM, the reason given was that "The advertisement on the job bank didn't indicate the salary range". My employer posted a new advertisement with the salary range and waited for 14 days then appealed with the latest job bank adv ID. Any idea on how long it will take if it's the only reason. TIA

Although we have diff reason for the rejection, mine was appealed last April 12 and approved on April 25. As long as reason for rejection was covered, result should be positive in 2-3 weeks time.

Hi Guys,

I am an experienced Digital Marketing Professional who has landed a great job with an MNC(Media Agency) in Singapore. It's been a couple of weeks since my WP application was submitted by the company. A bit jittery since I was expecting an approval within a week. Just to calm my nerves can the super supportive members help me assess my chances of getting an approval based on the following:

- Offer just shy of 5 figures per month
- Position Digital Director
- From India
- 8 yrs experience relevant
- An MBA and an engineering degree from reputed colleges present in the MoM list
- position was posted on LinkedIn for 3 months before my process not sure about Singapore job site

Possible negatives
- Have changed quite a few jobs in my career(5 to be precise)
- Offered salary is double than what I am drawing in india(Purchase parity)

Can the deterrents  affect my chances of getting a WP?

Musss11 wrote:

Any idea on how long it will take if it's the only reason. TIA

Between a week and over two months, depending on how many background checks MoM decides to make and how long these need.

Pjena wrote:

Just to calm my nerves can the super supportive members help me assess my chances of getting an approval based on the following

With your background (MBA) you cannot get a WP. I assume the employer applied for an EP instead.
If so, your chances depend on how well the company justifies hiring you instead of a similarly skilled local.
Your previous salary plays no role, only how the offered one compares to Singapore market norms.

Pjena: Those points you put in -ve categories are not considered by MoM when they approve your EP (employment pass, don't call it WP - working pass). MoM is not a recruitment agency who will look into your career profile and will point out on how many jobs you left. Singapore is always being in top 3 expensive cities in the world so getting two times or three times higher than of your current drawings won't be an issue.

Believe your employer must have posted this job in Singapore job bank for at least 14 days which is mandatory here before an employer can seek a foreigner for that position. So, I don't see any issue here. Good luck.

@beppi
Your first line just about broke my heart, till I read on :) I am guessing it would be EP only, since I am not familiar with these terms.

Thanks a lot @surya2k, your reply surely made my weekend.

PS: You two are indeed godsend for distressed people.

Hi!

Before your EP was rejected, how long did you have to wait for the result?

Cheers

Hi All, I am working in Singapore since November, 2014 and total experience is almost 14 years. First I worked here on LOC and then I got EP on September, 2016. I am B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from a recognized university of India and also did part time Diploma in Marketing Management from PSB Academy on 2015. Now I received a new job offer with higher salary. But I checked with SAT that I am not eligible for EP, only can get S Pass. Even my new employer saw the same when they tried to submit the online EP application. Is there any valid reason? I am really scarred for the out come of my new application. Can anybody suggest, should I continue to work to in present employer, this pass has a validity till September, 2018. If the criteria is changed to MOM, they will not allow to renew my pass also.

Starting from January 01, 2017 the minimum fixed monthly salary is S$3,600 or more. As you said you have 14 years of experience then the fixed salary must be much higher. I feel that's where your SAT shows as not eligible for EP.

I don't think because you are no longer eligible for EP so your s pass application will be rejected. MoM takes each case separately so wishing you good luck.

I'm unable to tell you whether you need to leave your present company and join a new company or not. There is a risk factor involved and you have to take a call.

Hi Surya, thanks for your reply. My salary is above to sponsor DP also. So not really not understand, why MOM is showing that I am not eligible for EP. My employer not has the quota for S Pass. So I am worried.

One more thing, can my present employer do anything that could effect my present application status?

Sponsoring a DP, the eligibility criteria is you must have a fixed salary above S$5,000 per month. Not necessarily it is the eligibility criteria to qualify for an EP. With 14 years of experience, MoM might be looking salary range above S$7,000 per month. If your employer doesn't have quota to apply S pass then you should stick to the company where you work now and wait the employer when will have quota to try your luck or ask them to increase your salary to get eligible for EP. Other than the salary, I don't see why your SAT test shows not eligible for EP.

Your second part of question need more clarification that what do you mean by your existing employer will do to your present application status? Do you mean your new employer already applied pass for you? If yes then the existing pass will be cancelled or a letter would have reached to your existing employer on this.

Yes, my new employer already applied for the EP. The status is pending. When will present employer receive the letter? Only the case if the application will be approved by MOM.

Then the existing employer will cancel the EP once it has got the notice from the employee that you are looking alternate opportunity outside the company. So, did you tell your existing company that you are leaving their firm? Not sure about the notice period at your existing company but you need to check in your offer letter and avoid any conflict with your existing employer.

Yes already told to my present employer and in notice period of one month. So only justification could be increase of salary. I also checked, if the the gross is coming around $7000, then eligible for EP. Not really thought all these things, let's wait for the outcome only. Thanks Suray for all these clarification.

You have taken a high risk approach and hope you will be paid higher dividends for that (to receive a positive response from MoM). Bear in mind, there were many cases in past where pass applications were pending for several months. So, you need to show lots of patience. Good luck.

Hi Beppi,

I am working in Singapore for more than 5 years and after 2 years every time when I change to new company I face the problem that my first company is not verifying properly. I tried to check what wrong with that company and found that company there is no company at the address where it was used to be and even tried to call on the number that is been received by someone else not by the company employee.

As I am facing this problem again and again and new company ask from me the my colleague info if any have. I don't have any of my colleague info as it was very small company.

Can I request new employer/MOM to remove this company from my documents?

I don't have any legal proof that this company is closed now. But checking location and phone number are the proof that this company now no more exist.

Should I need to tell my new employer that my previous company closed and new EP document I will not submit that closed company info?

This closed company already verified by my 2 employers.

Please help to me how to solve this problem?

thanks!

I'm providing you a very straightforward response as follow:

Point 1: Don't show the company details in your experience in order to avoid the problem which you are facing (if it doesn't have mush weight in your resume). But, certainly you need to show while you are applying pass to MoM.

Point 2: show in your experience and leave it.

Why you need to ask new employer or MoM to remove? By doing that, you are calling trouble for yourself. Not sure, why are you worried about the company address and other details. An employer can hire a third party agency to verify employer's  documents and the agency can inform the new employer about that company. Similarly, MoM does hire vetting agency to check and verify the details provided by the applicant, so the vetting agency can get the information easily.

At ACRA you can get the details of the company (incl. Whether it was closed down or if not, its new address).
But I wonder why you or your new employer needs that? Definitely not MoM, since they can directly check the ACRA database.
In any case, you MUST give true and complete information in an EP application (otherwise MoM will reject it), so you can't omit that company!

One more advice: You are in your third job in 5 years and are thinking of changing again.DON'T - MoM doesn't like jon-hoppers and might reject you for that reason alone!

Hi Beppi, Surya2k,

Thanks for your reply its really clear my doubts.

FYI...

my first company is from India so I think there won't be any information regarding the India employer.

Where the problem is coming I have already informed my new employer and they are agreed also. But my employer is like a IT based company and we have to work to different different clients. Every time when we work for new client then also our info are verified by them. There I get problem.  :(

In this situation do I need to show the closed employer info at client place or not?

Is there any way that I can inform MoM that this company already closed?

Please advice what should I do? Getting problem because of this :sosad:

Thanks

My guessing was correct, when I said in point one that going forward do not show in your resume to avoid all these pain. If that portion of experience really matter to you then you need to show in your resume then every time you may face this issue as if a third party agency verifies your experience then it will too find difficulties to get correct information about your first company in India. Believe me, experience in India has always a question mark when you come here as everyone has an impression that in India, it's very easy to manipulate the experience and your educational certificates (it's not a 100 percent false statement either).

For second part of your question on MoM, next time when you are completing the EP form, must have to indicate that when that company closed its business and other details (if possible to get from your sources back in India). So, that MoM will update its record but can't avoid now as the earlier data already with MoM, any mismatch will lead to pass rejection.

You are a lucky person that you are getting offer a new job so frequently and that too under an EP. But, it's a bad trend to change a job so often, and could leads to your EP rejection in future. Be careful

Hi Surya2k,

Thanks for your suggestion!

I'll update to MoM about the closed company. But the thing I don't have any legal proof for its closing. I tried to search my manager and other colleague but no one are in contact. In that case how can I show MoM with proof that its closed? I checked the website which is not available, phone number which is also not reachable.

About the job change noted on your point. I'll make sure not changing the job frequent.

Thanks!

Try to check in Government website if it was registered:

http://www.mca.gov.in/mcafoportal/showC … anyName.dohttp://www.mca.gov.in/mcafoportal/findCIN.do

Hi Surya2k,

I tried to search over your suggested links and showing "No match found for existing name".

Please advice.

thanks

Tell me the company name, will try tomorrow n let you know.

If you don't want to inform here then send me using private message system.