TBC Test after 2.5 Years in NL

Hi,

I've been in the Netherlands for about 2.5 years and I recently heard from a friend of mine who came from the same country that I was supposed to take a TBC test.

I haven't gone through it and I made an appointment with GGD as soon as I heard the news. I also called IND and came to understand that if I haven't received any letter to do it that I don't have to. He checked my file and informed me that no such letter was sent out.

I plan to undergo the TBC test to be on the safe side. I have seen someone mention an appeal letter stating that I'll comply to all of the rules in the future? where can I find a template, if there's any, and how do I send it to IND?

Thanks in advance

Hi, thanks for your post.

I'm not an immigration expert, but I'd think if the IND is saying you don't need to take it, you don't need to take it. Feel free to take it and hold on to it as evidence that you took it, but I don't think they need unsolicited test results.

Hi,I've been in the Netherlands for about 2.5 years and I recently heard from a friend of mine who came from the same country that I was supposed to take a TBC test.I haven't gone through it and I made an appointment with GGD as soon as I heard the news. I also called IND and came to understand that if I haven't received any letter to do it that I don't have to. He checked my file and informed me that no such letter was sent out.I plan to undergo the TBC test to be on the safe side. I have seen someone mention an appeal letter stating that I'll comply to all of the rules in the future? where can I find a template, if there's any, and how do I send it to IND?Thanks in advance        -@thenewguest

I agree with 3Josh's post.

IMO, it seems absurd to file an "appeal letter stating that I'll comply....." 

What are you appealing exactly?  You haven't been denied anything nor accused to not have followed the rules!  If you called them and they said there's no problem, guess what? There's no problem.  Move on.  A test that's 2.5 years late is next to useless.

Hi,
I've been in the Netherlands for about 2.5 years and I recently heard from a friend of mine who came from the same country that I was supposed to take a TBC test.
I haven't gone through it and I made an appointment with GGD as soon as I heard the news. I also called IND and came to understand that if I haven't received any letter to do it that I don't have to. He checked my file and informed me that no such letter was sent out.
I plan to undergo the TBC test to be on the safe side. I have seen someone mention an appeal letter stating that I'll comply to all of the rules in the future? where can I find a template, if there's any, and how do I send it to IND?
Thanks in advance

-@thenewguest

When you were due for your test, I suspect that GGD had other more important things on their minds (i.e. Covid); as others have said, in the scheme of things, you've done the right thing in speaking to IND; my advice is to just leave it alone.

Cynic

Expat Team