Secure a Job in UK (Before the Move)

Hi friends,

I am a Indian here on this forum.

I've looked at many posts here. I've spent years wanting to expat to Europe. Yet, I'm curious about bloggers who actually had solid employment before they made a move to UK. I have a B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering degree and 3+ years work experience in BPO/Call Center Industry as Sr. Business Development executive. I also worked for British Telecom/The Energy Helpline(UK Companies) from India. I have made a few inquiries, but have not applied to any post. I am, however, interested in people's experiences with job-hunting in UK. Is there a thriving temporary work market in UK? Currently, I am ready to take a job as part-time and latter company could consider me as full time resource. Appreciate all inputs!!

Best regards,

Tony

Thanks jojoeleos for your note!! I would like to take a tele-sales, telemarketing job initially and keep trying for better opportunity.. I would be flying to London on Jan 2012 and I hope to find few job leads there!!

Hi Tony,

Do you have a EU passport or have you applied for a work visa already?

The job market is very difficult at the moment, it is very rare to be able to secure a job before moving to the UK. Only people with highly desirable skills might be able to do this (if the employer can`t find in anyone in the UK).

Joanne

Hi Joanne,

Appreciate your note!! I am working a business Development Manager for a USA based company for past few years and also having experience working with UK market(British Telecom/Energy Helpline etc). Now, I am arriving London to do an MBA in Marketing/eCommerce.. so, I have one year to search for better job. I am aware from all my friends living there that UK market is not that good as usual. However, I would like to find a sales/marketing job so I could get direct experience working in UK market!!

I am having couple of job opportunities to work as freelancer(Dir. Business Development) for few Indian companies but I anticipate to work for a small/medium size British company while I am studying. I am hoping that everything works for me as planned!!

Tony

ok so you will be here on a student visa and entitled to work up to 20 hours a week. It is not my line of work but I can see quite often job offers in sales. Normally working in sales means a basic salary + bonus (where most of your pay comes for the bonuses)..I don`t know if it is what you are use to.
If you are only looking for some work experience in the UK then yes I think that would be great, I would just like to add that if you are looking to be here on a more permanent basis please note that the government is putting a curb on immigration and are making it very difficult for anyone to stay in the UK permanently.

I am wishing you good luck with your job hunting !

Thanks Joanne!! Currently, I cannot ask for a better job than a regular sales/marketing job. I know that I would be taking a huge risk moving to London but I am confident to find a job there a stay back once I am done with my course. I am also prepared to face the negative side of it!! I am having a hand full experience working for leading Online retailers so I hope that after my course, I could grab a better job if not in Uk then any part of Europe..

Nice meeting you and thanks again for the valuable suggestions!!

- Tony

The job market is ridiculous right now in the U.K.  Extremely hard to find work....twice as hard for expats.  Helpful if you have a right to work in the U.K. already.  I was pretty desperate for a long time when I lost my job.  Really glad that Scentsy came over to the U.K. because it saved me and gave me a chance to get an income of my own.

I heard that everything would be in right place at beginning of 2012.. I wish to see how things would be in UK for next One year, meanwhile I am going to complete my mater degree in marketing/e commerce!!

Christinej was lucky to find a job and hope everybody like me who goes to UK would be lucky :) I am still confused, everybody say that there are "NO JOB's" and may I know the reason why this is so? UK, is a country with Large, Medium, Small size companies and yet no jobs is a shocking news!! Or, is this applicable only for expats?

Hard to say why...but the thing is is that for every job there's like 500+ people applying.

Well, it is disappointing to hear negative impression about richest country of the world, sometimes it happens but this is not an end!! I really hope that this opinion changes soon :-)

I know its not the end....and I've started my own Scenty business like I mentioned...plus I do photography.

You can see what I do at
ldnwicklesscandles.com

and cmjolley.etsy.com

Wow!! You are an inspiration :) Thanks for the link, I will be checking it soon..

hi joh,

inbox me.
i have some ideas for you.

marilyn1001 wrote:

hi joh,

inbox me.
i have some ideas for you.

This a really old thread you are posting on.

I am still looking out. So, this is a good news for me :)