IMPORTING FOREIGN CAR

Hi everybody, I have working visa here and i would like to know the procedures to import my spanish car to Serbia, has anybody do it?
What is the procedure?
Thanks

I would talk to your embassy to see if they know of the procedures. I don't have a car here or back in the US.  Too expensive for me to ship obviously so I sold everything before moving.  But I would just email or visit your embassy.

Importing procedure is explained on the following link in Serbian language:

http://www.automobilizam.net/uvoz-polov … -u-srbiju/

And Google  translation:

http://translate.google.com/translate?h … -srbiju%2F

In short:

Procedure for import

When selected motor vehicle which meets the requirements from the new regulations on the import of motor vehicles, the procedure is as follows:
When importing, the border will assess the value of the vehicle based on the catalog which takes into account the amount that is on account of purchase of vehicles only if the real catalog and approximate values. All duties, the cumulative total, amount to about 41 percent of the value of the vehicle (20 percent customs tariff registers + 1 percent + 18 percent VAT).
In the process of customs clearance of vehicles, it is necessary that the importer submit the following documents:

original vehicle registration (if the original copy shall be kept in a country where the vehicle is checked out, a copy must be certified by the competent authority for that in that country);
it is desirable to submit the ownership documents for the vehicle, but it is not necessary;
Proof of purchase of vehicles - an invoice or purchase contract (depending on the method of purchase)
If you enclose the sales contract must be made for certification of signatures for the seller to the competent authority in the country where the purchasing is done.
When the vehicle is imported for another person it is necessary to attach the customs authorities of the power of attorney valid in this case, all documents must be issued to the importer.