Got a job opportunity to work in TH. dhiyamigili school Maldives Male

I have been offered a job as a computer teacher in TH. dhiyamigili school Maldives (Male). they are offerning 13000 Mrf per monnth inculding rent and food allownace. Please advise me that weather this opportunity is worth to work their. Is it enough money to live comfortable and save something. Please advise

Hi,

that is US$843.00 if accommodation and food is provided this is a good salary. check with your employer as all the expat teachers get free accommodation and meals who work in maldives.

since you will be going to island you will not spend much money, hence you will be able to save atleast 750$ from your salary.

once you are here, you can also create other source of income by giving tuition to students outside working hours. this is allowed in maldives.

thanks
mooch

Hi jsinghuk2003,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Congratulation for your work.

Maybe the following link could give you an idea about the cost of living in Maldives:
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/co … y=Maldives

Hope this helps,
I wish you good luck
Christine

thank you very much for reply. Actually they are not providing accomodation and food becuase allownces for the same MVR(1500+1800) included in my salary. It means that  out of $850 . I have to spend minimum  $300 for food,shelter and local transportation. So I can save only $500. Which is not enough as I am working in Saudi Arabia where I am getting $ 1300 and furnished accomodation and transportation by the company

true indeed, may i know from which company you got the offer from? as it is very unlikely that a employer will offer a expat teacher a contract without accommodation and meals.

and 1800 (3000 minimum) is not enough for accommodation and 1300 (2500 minimum) is not enough for food if you have to spend from your pocket.

thanks
mooch