Affordable Car Rental

Hi

Could anyone kindly assist me with finding an IST (Automatic)
car or an equivalent car to rent for a year.
My budget is Rs 18 000 a month.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards.

Kevin in Pereybere

We are looking for the same (pref an SUV - older models fine)! Are there any sites you can visit?

Moving to Mauritius in November :-)

Hello,

our partners can help https://www.expat.com/en/business/afric … ar-rental/

Hello Ethan mum what do you mean by suv?What model of car are you searching for?

SUV = Sport Utility Vehicle, such as Nissan X-trail, Honda CRV, Porsche Magnum, etc.

Thanks Conface - wasnt sure if non-South African's would know what a 4x4 is!?! :P

Ethan's Mommy wrote:

Thanks Conface - wasnt sure if non-South African's would know what a 4x4 is!?! :P

Non-South Afican's do know.But the term SUV isn't very popular here. But if you tell someone that you are looking for something similar to RAV 4, then it might occur to them.

Yes you do have these around. It just depends on what bracket for the price. So far I know 4x4 and the likes are quite costly.

Hi,
We're moving over in October.  Also need longterm rental on two vehicles. It would be great if anyone can suggest more affordable rentals.  We need a small car and a 1 ton single cab  pickup truck/bakkie.

Many thanks

Hi,

you will find affordable car rentals on this page https://www.expat.com/en/business/afric … ar-rental/

hope this helps,

Julien

Thanks Julien, emailed them.

Kind Regards

Normally for this budget, you can easily hire a nice car. I have one Nissan March Year 1999 in very good condition. If you wish I can send you an email about the pic of the same.

Thx

i rent with this mr vikash the car are not good and not insured comprehensive

hey guys just to let to know about car rental in Mauritius. contract cars(car which are legal for rental) are not more than 5yrs old unless for suv its 7yrs. make sure u rent a contract car where it is more secured. normally if u rent an illegal car and the authorities with such cars, the car will been taken by them and u as renter u will have a fine of not more than Rs 10000.

hmmmmm u can visit the following link in case u need a contract car and u also have 4x2 pick up over there.
[moderated: no free ads on the forum]

Regards
Amul

Amul from advance car rental you are just self promoting your  business.as an expat here car rental company is to expensive that's why we prefered individual owners car. anybody here encounter any problem with individual car rental?

vancouverboy, who is this mr vikash you are talking about? would you be so kind and just indicate what price range we'll be looking at for renting a small car.  anykind.

Many thanks

actually the price may be a bit higher compared to other countries,this is because new cars in mauritius are expensive... well individual owned cars are not met for rental. there insurance policy are different and its illegal. and of course u won`t hav a new car.

just the price of an agency car is twice higher :)  most of the individual cars are well insured.

twice is too much.... it might may only Rs 200 to 300 higher than individual cars. individual cars are insured too but not like contract cars.... and as i said individual car are not met for rental.... hhmmm recently there was an accident at labourdonais street port louis where the car was rented was an individual car hav a look to the victim whether they were paid by the insurance or not.... renting individual car is illegal.....

Hey Amul (rockerboy) don't try to promote your business indirectly or you gonna get banned here.If you wish to promote your car rental company plse have it on classified section.