British Embassy and British Passport Applications...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/government-co … applicaton

British passport holders might find this of interest.  Ever since the British Embassies stopped issuing passports and regionalised it to a number of application centres, it's been nothing but a nuisance when trying to get a renewal or a new passport. Either wait 4 weeks while the IPS muck about being slow or go back to the UK and make a direct application.

Hopefully they will do the right thing and get all these new passports dispatched from the UK to the local embassy for FREE personal pick up.

Yes I know it is a pain!  We had to get a new one for our son.  Ended up paying around 6000Huf to send it by courier to Germany and another 22 Euros to get it sent back to me.  This was on top of the highly extortionate fee for a 5 year passport.  Grrrrrrr.

stromnessdundee wrote:

Yes I know it is a pain!  We had to get a new one for our son.  Ended up paying around 6000Huf to send it by courier to Germany and another 22 Euros to get it sent back to me.  This was on top of the highly extortionate fee for a 5 year passport.  Grrrrrrr.

If your son is a dual national, then get a HU passport. It takes only a short visit, they do the photos on site and the passport turns up in the post a couple of days later. It's cheap too!