Can husband on business visa bring wife?

My husband will be going to Saudi for several short periods (appr 2 weeks) on a multiple entry business visa. He will work for a Saudi company. Does anyone know if there is any possibility for me - his wife - to accompany him on some of these trips? Does he have to get a residence visa to be allowed to bring family members, or is there any way to get around the problem...?

Hello cajsa and welcome to Expat.com!

Have you gone through the several posts of the forum/ section visas?

I'm sure that it will be helpful to you.

Harmonie.

Thank you! Yes, I have checked the posts on the forum. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything applicable.
/Cajsa

If he's on a business visa, he's not allowed to work, it will be stamped on the visa. Of course that doesn't stop people....

theoretically yes it is possible. however like anything else in saudi it all depends on whether or not the govt will approve. the govt here is very whimsical when it comes to visas. what should have happened is your husbands company should have put your name on the visa before sending it.this is called a family visit visa. you will have to find out if you can be added to this visa otherwise you wont be able to come. depending of course on how long hes staying in saudi. and by what you wrote i gather its not too long

Reply to Mudman

So on a business visa you must represent a foreign company? My husband will do consulting work for a Saudi company and will be paid by them.

Reply to aaqilian

Do you know what the requirements for a family visit visa are? Should my husband apply for a business visa + a family visit visa at the same time?

Thanks for your help

No, a business visa is supposed to be for "meetings", as opposed to coming in to work, it's a grey area that has to be exploited to get a job done !

I see! My husband IS going there for meetings... But is there any way he can bring me?

technically your husband needs a saudi residence permit called an iqama to be able to apply for a family visit visa. the saudi company he is working for would have to apply for it on your  behalf. i suggest you contact a local saudi embassy to get some definite answers. they will be able to give you better answers than i can. other than that the only other aid i can offer is a link to a visa company who handled my visa. its a canadian company but they list all of the saudi visa types and their requirements. it should give you an idea. the site is: visaenterprise.com. you can even give them a call if you like. if calling a saudi embassy doesnt suit you. they are very knowledgeable and helpful.
hope this helps. all the best

Thanks, aaquilian, will check!